Boat Insurance 101

If while towing, your trailer tire blows and somehow damages the hull of the boat " happened to a buddy" then im assuming your auto insurance steps in?  

Another avenue to look at.  Your boat is on a lift, plug left in it, heavy rains put a foot of water in it that stays until your next trip to the lake 6 months later, and everything in the compartments is ruined due to rust, etc.  That is all covered? The damage to the carpet, any wood on the floor/decks. Is there flood insurance for boats?

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

If while towing, your trailer tire blows and somehow damages the hull of the boat " happened to a buddy" then im assuming your auto insurance steps in?  

Another avenue to look at.  Your boat is on a lift, plug left in it, heavy rains put a foot of water in it that stays until your next trip to the lake 6 months later, and everything in the compartments is ruined due to rust, etc.  That is all covered? The damage to the carpet, any wood on the floor/decks. Is there flood insurance for boats?

Auto insurance only transfers liability coverage.   Any damage to your propety would not be covered.   

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:10 AM, Quillback said:

Seems a bit high, I have Progressive, $320/year, $42K, $2500 gear, $500K liability, $250 deductible.  I don't have lower unit coverage.  

That being said, I just saw a post on BBC where a guy said his Progressive policy jumped $250 this year, mine is due soon so I will see if it remains $320.  

Give this guy a call to see what you can get:  Bob Luellen 517-627-8080

Just got my new bill, $309 for the year.  

Just noticed the sponsor for the conservation section of this site is an insurance company. AB Agency Insurance.  Says they are a member here.  Anyone know of them?

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

I've heard of them...   lol it's my agency.   

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

I'm getting total weed control :) . Guess they are guessing I am a conservative,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

3 hours ago, Daryk Campbell Sr said:

I've heard of them...   lol it's my agency.   

Well dang it Daryk. Im gonna send ya a PM this evening. 

• 4 years later...
  • Members

I had boat insurance and a hail storm destroyed a top cover on a motor. I duck-taped it, but my agent who was a personal friend said to claim it on my home owners insurance. I did. Insurance bought me a new $1000 top motor cover.

But evidently, loan companies think insurance companies will pay out so they can recoup their money in a massive loss when you are still making payments or else they wouldn't require it.