Got the .25 dialed in .

BilletHead

Got another pair of PCP air rifles at a good deal from my uncle. Both Benjamin Marauders. One a .22 and the other a .25 . Scopes that came with them we kind of so-so and I opted for better ones to install on them. Got the .22 shooting spot on and have taken several squirrels with it. Finally decided on a pellet for the .25 and it is now on the money. Shooting a 25.39 grain pellet out of it doing 46.28 foot pounds of energy with the first shot. Did a sight in at 30 yards but does the same at 20 and 40 yards. Holdover at 50 one dot on scope. So this morning early while Pat and Sadie dog did a three mile walk I went to the woods for the .25 first hunt. Was not disappointed. Spent 45 minutes sitting and then a short stalk for the first one,

thumbnail_0923180753b - Copy.jpg    Then a couple more followed giving me a trio,thumbnail_0923180841 - Copy.jpg    They will taste good :) ,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

12 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Good stuff, man !  You are making it harder and harder to resist diving into the PCP arena.  

How many shots can you get out of the Marauder's before POI is effected?

Good question. Depending on distance you are shooting as you know. I ran two 8 shot clips just a few minutes ago. I really have a poor rest and am battling a sinus problem including watering eyes. This is 30 yards with a starting PSI of 3000 and it dropped to 2000. No drop,

thumbnail_0924180802.jpg All me and my shooting today.thumbnail_0924180803.jpg When i tested this at 50 yards one day I felt I get 12 to 13 premium shots before dropping. Here is my resetting squirrel at 40 yards and 16 shots, I did refill after 8 shots. Plus what the spent pellets look like after hitting the steel. Flat as a pancake,

thumbnail_0923181354_HDR.jpgthumbnail_0923181356.jpgI might add I have to rebend the target as it isn't rated for the  .25 .

Then there is a sighting in day when I settled on the pellet. Keep in mind I am not much of a bench rest shooter. I get sighted in and want to hit the woods. At 50 I had one flyer before I figured hold over with my scope of one dot. At 10 working my way to center I need to hold over at 2.5 dots. I feel the air gun is right on it's the shooter that causes the missed hits,

thumbnail_0923181401.jpgthumbnail_0924180910.jpgthumbnail_0923181404.jpg

Then this morning I did some you tube surfing and found this video on this marauder. At 50 yards he found the same thing on shots before dropping off. I still need a bit more tweaking but today is not one of those days,

BilletHead

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

Airguns have come a long way.  Very impressive.  My old Crossman killed allot of tree rats back in the day, but there were a bunch of misses in there too LOL.  Still have my old Benjamin .22 pump pistol.  Still shoots straight but def not as strong as it used to be... Needs a rehab on the seals most likely, but things 28 years old...

Check this little honey out,

Not sure of age it was my Grandmother and Grandfathers. I want it rebuilt so I can shoot it. Not sure if it is worth sending to a rebuilder or not. Wrench has seen pictures of it before. would either of you @Wrench or @JDMidwest like to rebuild it for me? 

thumbnail_0924181310.jpgthumbnail_0924181310a.jpg

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

1 hour ago, BilletHead said:

Check this little honey out,

Not sure of age it was my Grandmother and Grandfathers. I want it rebuilt so I can shoot it. Not sure if it is worth sending to a rebuilder or not. Wrench has seen pictures of it before. would either of you @Wrench or @JDMidwest like to rebuild it for me? 

thumbnail_0924181310.jpgthumbnail_0924181310a.jpg

BilletHead

Mine has a different fore-end/pump handle and a larger circumference chamber on it, but the sights breech trigger group and handle look identical.  Great little shooters.  Let me know if you find someone with the know how to rebuild the seals in them.  Brand new they sure packed a whallop, and mine took its fare share of rabbits back in the day.

http://www.airgunsmith.com/Benjamin_137/Benjamin_137.html

http://www.abairgun.com/images/ben 13x.pdf

If thats the model.  I saw a 132 on a table at the show for $225 this weekend, way over price.  You could shoot a PCP for another bill.

Not much to it.  Lots of info on the web.

My Great Uncle had one in the city we shot at feral cats with.  Missed it at his auction.  The little pump handle was a finger web pincher.  By my time, it was the Crosman 1322 which got lost somewhere. 

I have a Benjamin HB22 I picked up at Dicks on clearance a few years back that I never took a liking too.  My new model Crosman 1322 lacks the zip that the old ones did.  That new one I picked up over the weekend has more compression.  Thinking about moving the 22 barrel over onto it.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson