summer patterns seem to be breaking up

merc1997 Bo

fished the lower end all summer.  brownie fishing ruins a person.  basically, since june, i fished 3 lures.  a 1 oz. Elite Black Widow, a 1 oz. Elite Mega Blade (aka big wobbler), and a 3/4 GrassJig.  no pattern to where you would catch them other than there had to be shad present.  they just follow the kitchen.  could not tell you the numbers of 3 and 4 lbers, but lots of them.  had three that were definitely over 5. 

right now, there are few bass 25 to 30 ft., and some up in 8 to 10 ft.  so, there are certainly in a state of transition.  sorry, but most likely the catching will get sketchy for a while because we will begin fall turnover at some point.  i have not post much because did not want to sound like a broken record.

the recreational traffic was the worst ever.  it was sometimes 1 am before they got off the water.  before too long, i will get combo trips in.  go spoon fishing in the afternoon, then go downstream at dark and catch whopper brownies.

i just can not stress how important it is to be fishing where there are lots of shad.  our bass seem to be very nomadic now, and they go whereever the shad move.

bo

3 hours ago, Quillback said:

Good to have you back, never have been out at night on TR but I never thought there would be much rec traffic out there after dark, but I guess not.

it is a zoo out there.  surfers out at night, crouch rockets with no lights, other boats running around with one or no lights,  big boats running constantly (right by you).  where the hell is the water patrol???  

bo

i will see if i can rummage up a couple of pics of the better half with a fish or two.  i have been fishing at least 4 times a week, unless weather or something else came up.  boat was out of commission for a while, while the powerhead was being rebuilt.  in all that time, i only lost 4 lures.  still using the same wire frame on my black widow that has caught close to 100 smallmouth, and it is still ticking.  and that frame is made out of .030 wire.  there is something to be said about applying science to fishing lures.  there is much more to it than sticking some lead on a hook.

bo

6-25-20-1.JPG

6-25-20-3.JPG

7-27-18-3.JPG

8-4-18-2.JPG

8-11-19-2.JPG

Bo, you’ll be happy know I beached the boat and waded to get one of my favorite jigs back this am.   It certainly was wasn’t from getting hung up...it was from me rushing a leader knot without my new old man cheater glasses.  Underhand roll cast toward a submerged bush  and it sailed straight through and out the back😂

A63361B9-2C08-4B67-9B08-0F4C3C828711.jpeg

18 hours ago, willyfish said:

Hello Bo. What's the difference between your Mega Blade and Crazyblitz. Would you put them up against a Jackhammer? I definitely like your price a whole lot more. 

the Elite Mega Blade has a blade about the size of a trash can, and uses the GrassJig head.  the CrazyBlitz has a normal size blade and uses a Blitz football head.  if you want a normal size blade and the GrassJig head, it is called the Elite Blade.  i had great success this spring before the bass went of beds using a 3/4 Elite Blade and fishing it in areas where we were catching them on a Wart.

i would think the Elite Blade or the Elite Mega Blade either one would be a better fishing tool than the "Jack Hammer".  you are getting a better head and hook that you can fish through about anything without hanging up all the time.  and, you can remove the head from the split ring and use just the jig head to fish with.  need the blade again, just roll the split ring back through the eye of the jig and bam!, you are back in the bladed jig business.  you can not do that with a jack hammer.  i never did figure what there is about the "Jack Hammer"  that would make it need to sell for $20.

bo