Featured
rps
rps

A Curious Pair on the Upper End

I went out at 5:30 this morning hoping for a top water bite. In the first 90 minutes I caught two and neither were keepers. I switched to Ned fishing and promptly caught this:

fullsizeoutput_e64.jpeg

I put the flathead back. I went on to catch four bass with one a near keeper.

Then I began trolling for walleye. Based on information I was given, I started trolling a wiggle wart 25 feet down. In an hour I caught one small bass. However I had noticed many suspended bait balls 10 to 15 feet deep. I also saw fish suspended just below the bait if there was timber present.

I put on a Storm Smash Shad 6 in pearl and went looking for timber that topped out 10 to 15 feet down. I wound up at a community hole near Holiday Island. I let out 170 feet of PowerPro 10/2 braid to put the bait 15 feet down and trolled over the trees at 2 mph. I landed several bass and this 23 inch walleye.

fullsizeoutput_e66.jpeg

I call that a fun morning.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

59 minutes ago, Bill Babler said:

Din-Din Morris:D

Yes, but not tonight. I vacuum sealed the fillets and put them in the freezer with a bit of other walleye. Both daughters, a sister, a niece and their s.o. arrive Friday for the Holiday weekend. I plan to combine the walleye with ahi tuna and shrimp and make fish burgers with a spicy fruit salsa.

3 hours ago, rps said:

Yes, but not tonight. I vacuum sealed the fillets and put them in the freezer with a bit of other walleye. Both daughters, a sister, a niece and their s.o. arrive Friday for the Holiday weekend. I plan to combine the walleye with ahi tuna and shrimp and make fish burgers with a spicy fruit salsa.

Hmmmmm,,  got an extra plate!!!!  LOL

5 hours ago, rps said:

Who says Ozark Hillbillies aren't sophisticated? Sounds de-lish.

9 hours ago, vernon said:

Fish burgers?  Next thing you know somebody's gonna wanna put nuts in chocolate!

I love fish and I love burgers but that's like dogs and cats living together.

Under the same roof.

Too fancy for this 'ol boy to even comprehend!

Trust me. This is the real deal.