Glup Alive?

wtr dogs

Has anyone had luck with any of these?? I have tried the minnow replicas with little results. Size and number of bites when we ran out of real minnows.

They have several new ones including a pinched nightcrawler.

I bought some of the leeches a few years back when Bass Pro had them on sale. I fished them quite a bit using a floating jighead on a bottom bouncer. I may have caught one walleye on them. Crawler harnesses and slow death rigs far outfished them. I believe the shape/look of the leeches has changed since then though.

I am curious if Gulp or some other scented plastic worm would work well as a replacement for live crawlers? Main reason is those pesky bluegills rip the real thing off just as fast as you can get a bottom bouncer down there!

Jason

The gulp alive 2" fish fry in chatruse or white on a 1/32 oz jig #8 hook is my go to for bluegill and crappie but I have caught walleye largemouth and channel cautfish on it while fishing for crappie ans bluegill since I startrd using it. The 3" Chartruse minnow on a 1/32 oz #1 cycle hook that I get from a guy in Fla. is my go to bait in the James River for smallmouth. I swim it, use it as a jerk bait and also jig it. I haven't tried the other Gulp alive very much and when I did I haven't had much luck.

The 1 inch minnows work well for panfish and the 21/2 and 3 inch minnow took White Bass for me this weekend.

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

The gulp alive 2" fish fry in chatruse or white on a 1/32 oz jig #8 hook is my go to for bluegill and crappie but I have caught walleye largemouth and channel cautfish on it while fishing for crappie ans bluegill since I startrd using it. The 3" Chartruse minnow on a 1/32 oz #1 cycle hook that I get from a guy in Fla. is my go to bait in the James River for smallmouth. I swim it, use it as a jerk bait and also jig it. I haven't tried the other Gulp alive very much and when I did I haven't had much luck.

Me to. Good luck on panfish.

Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the natural color night crawlers (pinched, 4 and 6 inch) at BPS and they had a new one called the twister.

Where I am located on the north end of the lake you almost have to go to Fair Play to get live bait.

They are pretty durable and have an extended shelf life as long as you don't left them dry out.

The containers seem to have a natural desire to leak and IF they baits dry out they are hard as a rock and do not recover from that state.

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish