Whatchya Drinking?

ness

19 hours ago, budman said:

I guess no one has been drinking lately? Found a Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad at the local store. Love Sixth Glass but I think this is better. Nice rice flavor and darker color and it has 12.2 % alc. but doesn't really taste like it. A guy could hurt himself on these things. They were $12.99 for a four pack so it probably won't become my everyday drink but I will be getting some more before they run out, seasonal.

We tried it too on a friend's recondmendation and it's good. A bit pricey like you said and packs a punch. The Mrs and I split one.

1208201751.jpg

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

@semble for the record, I wasn't being as *big* a smart-butt as it may seem. I was purposely referencing your other post, but I wasn't making fun of 'slingers' -- I figured it was something I'd never heard of. Wasn't until Gavin's post that I figured things out. 

John

8 minutes ago, ness said:

@semble for the record, I wasn't being as *big* a smart-butt as it may seem. I was purposely referencing your other post, but I wasn't making fun of 'slingers' -- I figured it was something I'd never heard of. Wasn't until Gavin's post that I figured things out. 

Went right over my head.  I just assumed you thought my slingers would pair well with a rye on rye and rightly so.

Slingers are a St. Louis late night diner staple. Usually consist of hash browns and sausage patties topped with chili, a fried egg, cheese and chopped onions.  In this case, it was a duck croquette over duck chili topped with an egg, cheddar cheese and chopped onion with jalapeno and tomato.

I've dipped into some bourbon sipping lately.  Had a taste of some Blanton's, Weller, and Elmer T. Lee my friend sent me samples of and got me looking into some cheaper alternatives.  Did some research and found a bunch of the bourbon snobs on YouTube for the most part say Wild Turkey 101 is an amazing whiskey.  In college, I had it and thought it was awful.  My taste buds have matured.  It's great to sip and also to mix with some Coke.  It's what I've been drinking, and it's very affordable at $33 for the big bottle at Sams.

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson