Last minute decision...

trythisonemv

So managed to wrangle a day off from the clutches of workdome ! Headed down to my favorite creek tomorrow for a look at the hopper situation ... crickets showing up all around my store so should be interesting!  If anyone one would like to join i am goingto start around the swinging bridge access early then move up to middle access above park probably. Good dry fly spots here

47 minutes ago, trythisonemv said:

So managed to wrangle a day off from the clutches of workdome ! Headed down to my favorite creek tomorrow for a look at the hopper situation ... crickets showing up all around my store so should be interesting!  If anyone one would like to join i am goingto start around the swinging bridge access early then move up to middle access above park probably. Good dry fly spots here

Good Luck buddy! Wish that I could fish down there with you. 

On the last couple of trips that I have made to MO, I have been fixated upon the other side of the state. So the burning image that I have from my last trip to Crane, is a 12+ inch McCloud hitting my microjig and not getting a hookset :mellow:. So have to live vicariously through your posts on thoughts of catching more McClouds in Crane.

Beauty 

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

And now the report....

So started off on the lower end off grisham ford rd and walked down stream. Creek is loaded with small fish. They were super feisty ans eager to hit the bugger.  Most fish were concentrated in small pockets of fast water.  The usual big holes and slow pools were void of activity. The big fish were no where to be seen on the lower end. Managed twenty dinks though. About ten i moved to ball park for my walk down the tracks. Fished my way down from the trestle bridge to my first good hole. Caught several more small fish as walked. First holebuzzing with life but crystal clear and my offering was refused. Next hole yielded two small fish and so on until i got to the end of my walk. No real big ones caught but the far spot was full of fish. Caught another twenty or so at this access . A beautiful day 

@trythisonemv great report! Sorry about not getting into the big ones but all those little ones will be the future big ones. Have to survive lots of encounters with possible predators but should be hopeful. Sounds like the creek is doing well.