The Push for 100 Species in 2021

Ham

We are about 4 weeks away from the 1/2 year mark.

Is everyone's numbers and species up-to-date?  

Here's what I'm seeing here posted so far:

1.  John: 73 species

2. (tied)  Ham: 63 species

2.  (tied) Livie: 63 species

4. Dave: 27 species

I've been more than doubled by everyone, as expected.  My species accumulation is going to slow to a crawl or stop soon, I predict.  Its been a good year so far, I've no complaints.  You other 3 are having great years!  Keep it going! 👊

12 hours ago, FishnDave said:

My species accumulation is going to slow to a crawl or stop soon, I predict.  Its been a good year so far, I've no complaints. 

Dave you have done great and I expect a few more species in the mix for the rest of the year. I still have dream of landing one of those koi and definitely a black bullhead. If you drop down your fly size, you can go back to those creeks out by @JestersHK and get a few minnow species or target the gar there. All of the fish that I caught yesterday were from the creek above the ballpark that you know about. I did see a pair of longnose gar yesterday. They wanted nothing from what I presented to them. I know that is a bit longer than you like to travel, but again using the smaller flies you should be able to add a few more species to your listing. 

5 hours ago, Smalliebigs said:

Instead of counting the number of species I can catch in a year I keep track of the number of bass over 20 inches I can catch out of rivers. This one made my count only go to 4 so far this year, which is fine with me lol

F2E88936-A724-4183-B5E4-3FA3EEE00FC7.jpeg

That's 4 more than I have ever caught. Congrats on catching a toad smallie!

12 hours ago, FishnDave said:

We are about 4 weeks away from the 1/2 year mark.

Is everyone's numbers and species up-to-date?  

Here's what I'm seeing here posted so far:

1.  John: 73 species

2. (tied)  Ham: 63 species

2.  (tied) Livie: 63 species

4. Dave: 27 species

I've been more than doubled by everyone, as expected.  My species accumulation is going to slow to a crawl or stop soon, I predict.  Its been a good year so far, I've no complaints.  You other 3 are having great years!  Keep it going! 👊

Well Dave,

1) You've got the extra hoop of it has to be caught on a flyrod to jump through 

2) it's Not a competition. I want to see everyone succeed ; I'm not trying to beat anyone. I just want to catch 100 ( or a lot more) species of fish this year.

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

10 hours ago, Ham said:

Well Dave,

1) You've got the extra hoop of it has to be caught on a flyrod to jump through 

2) it's Not a competition. I want to see everyone succeed ; I'm not trying to beat anyone. I just want to catch 100 ( or a lot more) species of fish this year.

Exactly.  You are all doing great!  The numbers are impressive already!  You've all have, or nearly have, doubled my best year ever on species!  How cool is that??

Old Johnny Boy has pics and stories to post. 

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish