A guest for dinner…

Dutch

Monday we decided to see if there were any spinnerbait, chatterbait, or square bill shallow bass.  About 3 hours that had me going nuts.  We had some short hits but no fish.  We hit several brush piles with jigs and no bites.  We switched to shaky and had a few bites with a couple of fish.

I decided to go fish the wind so we headed to a windy bluff.  It produced 6 of our 8 bass, 4 of them nice keepers, and one dinner guest.  It was too choppy for on the water pics.

The guest was 22 inches long and just shy of 4#.

Zeros in California craw and the Deal were the best producers.

20211018_162436.jpg

20211019_170510.jpg

40 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Monday we decided to see if there were any spinnerbait, chatterbait, or square bill shallow bass.  About 3 hours that had me going nuts.  We had some short hits but no fish.  We hit several brush piles with jigs and no bites.  We switched to shaky and had a few bites with a couple of fish.

I decided to go fish the wind so we headed to a windy bluff.  It produced 6 of our 8 bass, 4 of them nice keepers, and one dinner guest.  It was too choppy for on the water pics.

The guest was 22 inches long and just shy of 4#.

Zeros in California craw and the Deal were the best producers.

20211018_162436.jpg

20211019_170510.jpg

Nice walleye and a delicious looking meal.

4 hours ago, jdmidwest said:

I should have stayed till Monday.  They were still shaking off that front on Sunday.

They still were.  We could find no fish that weren’t really close to deep water and they were bottom oriented.

• 3 weeks later...