Damage control 2022

BilletHead

Seriously?    Even when you've got an effective zone that ranges a 400 yard square, and have bait out and calls going? 

Was that at night? These critters sleep days.

The trouble with your 400 yard square scenario is  that you were trying to get the coyotes  to  go where you want them and the trappers were going to where the coyotes wanted to be. Usually to where they were yesterday and  will return to from habit. Think about casting into the Walmart parking lot for bass as opposed to fishing into a brush pile in 12' of water.

And Dale never caught many critters? I know he's written stories about trapping. I didn't think he had ever committed to it full time.

He knows the Waddell who claimed 927 coyotes, maybe he can confirm or disprove it, I was going by the reports.

48 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I've never seen a racoon in my neighborhood in daylight.  But at night on my camera system, my yard is a dam party zone of animals.  Coons, possum, fox, yotes, cats, deer and some things blur by so quickly I don't what they are.  I have videos of 5-6 coons at a time cutting through the yard.  They have a dirt trail worn down between the culvert stand pipe and my neighbors house.  It's crazy how much wildlife is out at night in my neighborhood....  Guy in the other cul de sac said the old lady next to him feeds the coons and she has dozens at a time in her yard at night.

That's why hunting barns and houses back when was so effective.  We'd sleep until seven, go have breakfast and start hunting about nine in the morning, when the nocturnals were all back in bed cozied up with their families and friends.

49 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

If you fetched and skinned 50 coons a day then it's no wonder your arm is shot.   

I wouldn't even wanna fillet 50 crappie a day. 

You're one badass indian too !  

Most I drove my Pickup to . Remember using over a box of.22 shorts in one day.

I was selling Green.

This was three seasons. All my paycheck was going in the bank. My check from the cemetery was going in the bank. My wife extra check was going in the bank.

Sleep what was that?

That was one reason my Ex was glad to be shed of me I didn’t spend time with my family. Well shoot I was working 10 hours a day 7 days a week and running a farm.

oneshot

1 minute ago, Terrierman said:

That's why hunting barns and houses back when was so effective.  We'd sleep until seven, go have breakfast and start hunting about nine in the morning, when the nocturnals were all back in bed cozied up with their families and friends.

I knew guys that would hunt Den Trees.

Oh I did run Black and Tans and couple hundred Traps not all legal.

oneshot

4 hours ago, tjm said:

And Dale never caught many critters? I know he's written stories about trapping. I didn't think he had ever committed to it full time.

He knows the Waddell who claimed 927 coyotes, maybe he can confirm or disprove it, I was going by the reports.

He catches plenty of critters, and if anyone could have made a good living at it, it would have been him, because he has the skills, the gear, and has always had access to plenty of land.   

47 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

He catches plenty of critters, and if anyone could have made a good living at it, it would have been him, because he has the skills, the gear, and has always had access to plenty of land.   

Once again saying I’m BSing or calling me a liar.

Like I say I was putting my paycheck of $200 a week in the Bank. I would make $50 a week working for the Cemetery. This money went into the Bank. I trapped and run Dogs Fur Season made $10,000+

My wife worked making 100 a week this went for our $40 a month Rent and Electric, Groceries. Her money from the Nursing Home went in the Bank.

After 3 years we found 100 acres with a house for $150 an acre.

This is the way it was go on with your stupid thoughts.

oneshot

1 hour ago, oneshot said:

Once again saying I’m BSing or calling me a liar.

Like I say I was putting my paycheck of $200 a week in the Bank. I would make $50 a week working for the Cemetery. This money went into the Bank. I trapped and run Dogs Fur Season made $10,000+

My wife worked making 100 a week this went for our $40 a month Rent and Electric, Groceries. Her money from the Nursing Home went in the Bank.

After 3 years we found 100 acres with a house for $150 an acre.

This is the way it was go on with your stupid thoughts.

oneshot

Oh settle your oldass down!    Firstly, I never called you a liar.   And secondly, my thoughts aren't stupid.     You want me to find you a "stupid thought" ?    I'll cut and paste ya some right quick,  just so you'll know how to recognize one in the future.

BTW, are you ever gonna answer the polite question I asked days ago ?   What counties did you make all this fur money in?   

Mostly Cooper, Moniteau and Petits.

Sold to Jack Viers whom my family had sold to since 1902 when he would bring horse and wagon around buying.

Jumbo Coons were bringing $50. I killed 4 out of one tree. Left Coons in it. Rats were bringing $7 I caught bunch of them. Grinners and Skunks were bringing around $3. Grandpa said long as we was skinning Skunks didn’t have to worry about getting stopped up or dry hands.

Oneshot

Back in the 90's, a flyfishing buddy of mine shared a skunk pelt with me.  He had collected it off the road and skinned it, dried and cured the pelt.  We decided to tye a few fur bugs with it and tried them out at Montauk.

The fur was shiny and flowed nicely.  But, it did have that skunky smell.  Just like my fingers after I tyed a few.

The trout would run up and look at it, then veer off.  We tried them later on in a creek full of longear beds.  Same effect, those gills would turn on them.

I still have some of that pelt somewhere.  I use it to keep moths out of my good stuff.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson