Bibs

MrGiggles

What's everyone wearing for cold weather bibs?

I have a Magellan pair that I bought from Academy a couple years ago. They're good enough I guess but they aren't water or windproof in the slightest. 

Ideally I'd like a pair that's between thin waterproof rain bibs and full on snow pants. I can't stand walking around like the Michelin man with bulky clothes. Just a little bit of extra insulation and a water/wind barrier would be perfect. Any suggestions?

-Austin

I layer up under my Cabelas Guidewear in anything above 20 degrees. Below that I will wear my hunting bibs and jacket. It doesn't feel too bulky to me either. Heated clothing is another alternative that a lot of folks are turning towards.

The low was 14 and the high was 28 on the day that I caught this brown this past February. We were out fishing in it for a while too.

Merino wool base layer
Mid weight baselayer
Heavy fleece vest/pants
Insulated Carhart jacket and insulated camo bibs
1000g Thinsulate boots

No photo description available.

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

For the in between I have a Bass Pro 100 MPH gortex set.

When I was young and fished in the cold I layered under my 100 MPH if it was gonna be moist, and had a cheap snowmobile suit if it was dry. You can't beat a snowmobile suit, it's not bulky, since it needs no layering and has a nice seal against the wind.

• 3 weeks later...