Three Chutes 1-28

netboy

Waded Three Chutes Saturday with around 1 unit of water running. Fishing started out good as I caught a decent brown on the very first cast. That is usually a harbinger of a slow day to follow, but fortunately that wasn't the case. Ended the day with lots of rainbows, another smaller brown and a nice brookie.  Still seeing a few redds with fish on them and drifting an egg downstream of the redds was the most consistent method. I also caught a few on top on a stimulator later in the morning.

Also wanted to mention that we went to Dally's Streamer Lovefest at the fly shop last night. This was the first one since Covid and there was quite a crowd. Had a great time watching the streamer experts do their thing and some great gumbo from KT's BBQ in Gassville along with plenty of "liquid" refreshments. 

Here's pics of the brown, brookie and the party...

1-28a rz.jpg

1-28b rz.jpg

Dallys rz.jpg

7 hours ago, Ham said:

I’m not familiar with three chutes. I had to miss Streamer Fest. Work.

Three Chutes is the shoal about a mile upstream from White Hole access. The river splits around a couple of islands and on minimum flow it could be called two chutes, but anything over 1 full unit it becomes three chutes. Pretty good spot to wade and you can access it from Denton Ferry Road.

The Streamer Fest was fun. Those guys can turn out some beautiful streamers... almost like artwork. Way too complicated for my tying abilities. 

20 hours ago, JestersHK said:

Beautiful brown. I'm pretty sure I know that area you're talking about too as Cody and I last fished the white hole access and drifted by they're a few times. 

Yah we fished just below it a few times that day. 

Capture.JPG

everything in this post is purely opinion and is said to annoy you.