Tigers and Dawgs

Quillback

3 hours ago, Quillback said:

It was a good game.  Mizzou was competitive, with a break or two they could've won.  The officiating was bad IMO, but it didn't seem to favor one team or the other.   

They had a chance with 4 minutes left, had the ball, down 27/21.   And then!!!    Cook hit the defensive lineman in bellybutton with a pass  and I headed to the garage to service my trailer hubs😂.   

9 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

They had a chance with 4 minutes left, had the ball, down 27/21.   And then!!!    Cook hit in the defensive lineman in bellybutton with a pass  and I headed to the garage to service my trailer hubs😂.   

Yep, I thought to win, Mizzou needed GA to make a turnover, but it went the other way.  

It was like one of the talking heads doing the play by play said " Mizzou's Defense is really helping out GA's offense when they need it".   Cook is a nice QB and gives it everything he's got plus he is a Scholar Athlete.  But he's not a "gamer" since he does not rise to the occasion and folds under pressure.....as was very evident in the second half. 

Those railing on Cook for throwing the first interception (the one that really mattered) need to go back and look at the replay with the camera behind Cook.  When I saw the play live I thought he'd just made an incredibly stupid mistake, and the replay with the same camera angle didn't change that.  But when you look at the replay from behind him, you'll see that he had the tight end somewhat open behind the GA lineman who intercepted the pass, and he was trying to loft the ball over that lineman.  But another Georgia player on Cook's right reached a long way in and actually hit Cook's elbow when he was in his throwing motion.  Pretty sure that's why the pass went like a dying duck into the lineman's breadbasket.

The best college quarterbacks make mistakes, sometimes in crucial situations.  Elite TEAMS overcome those mistakes.  Mizzou certainly could have overcome that first interception when the penalty backed Georgia all the way to their own 20 yard line.  There was plenty of time and all it would have taken was a stop somewhere before Georgia got within field goal range.  But the Mizzou defense, which had played well except for stupid penalties all game, couldn't get that stop.  Georgia kicks the field goal that puts them up by 9, and the game was essentially over.