I DON’T WANNA FISH LIKE THAT.

Bill Babler

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

Debate ?  

Why do you assume that I'm going to debate with you if you educate me ?  

I give y'all solid info all the freakin' time, on things that YOU are ignorant about, if I know the answer.    

It was an actual question, dude.   

I admit to occasionally failing math, due to laziness and not GAF, but I aced Science in every grade of school. 🤷‍♂️ Isn't that somewhat evident? 

Hey I drank out of Coldwater Creek as a child and it never effected my 1.8 GPA

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Yes the clip will work but you have to keep it on at the minimum of 24 hours for the O2 to be absorbed.  
Have tried it.  Joanne,   Ralph and Judy at Kings Harbor were doing this in the 70’s and 80’s.  Always had a tank of deep caught bass that they were prepping for release. 
You could also use a hyperbaric chamber if you had one handy. 
Fizz releases the air from the over inflated bladder do to rapid depth change quickly and heals fast. 
You got to know how to do it right the first time. No multiple holes. 
Not hard. 

38 minutes ago, Bill Babler said:

Fizz releases the air from the over inflated bladder do to rapid depth change

"due to rapid depth change"....  Yep, I've heard that for YEARS.....

...and the depth change we are referring to is from deep to shallow, correct?     

Well....How in the Sam Hell does bringing a sack of gaseous vapor from deep water to shallow water cause the volume of gaseous vapor to increase?     The world that I live in does not work like that, I don't think.    Not sure about the one y'all are standing on today.   

Please keep in mind that in most instances we are talking about an elevation change of only 40-50 feet.....Not like taking it to the moon or beyond!   😅.  

5 minutes ago, Alex Heitman said:

Easy explanation. Go swimming and swim to 10 ft deep. Your ears will tell you. Imagine being 50ft all day and then getting jerked up fast out of the water. 

It would be the total opposite then..... would it not ?

The only explanation that I can fathom.....since nobody is helping me out here.....is that once the fish is removed from the surface of the water (and ONLY then) the decompressing/expanding body, including stomach, bowls, ect., might ingest air (the same air that WE breathe).  Gases, from digestion of food, is the fishes only way of producing anything buoyant.   Aside from surface-air gulping gar of course.  

So theoretically, if the fish was scooped up in, and kept submerged in, a bag of water while being unhooked and transferred to the livewell....then there would be no "fizzing" necessary.    

Merely being pulled from deep water to shallow water can not cause an immediate buildup of oxygen or gases.     If it could then all of our energy concerns for the future would be solved for good.    

So ok?   Who's smarter than me NOW? 😜  Bunch of dumbasses !   🤣

• Members
25 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

The only explanation that I can fathom.....since nobody is helping me out here.....is that once the fish is removed from the surface of the water (and ONLY then) the decompressing/expanding body, including stomach, bowls, ect., might ingest air (the same air that WE breathe).  Gases, from digestion of food, is the fishes only way of producing anything buoyant.   Aside from surface-air gulping gar of course.  

So theoretically, if the fish was scooped up in, and kept submerged in, a bag of water while being unhooked and transferred to the livewell....then there would be no "fizzing" necessary.    

Merely being pulled from deep water to shallow water can not cause an immediate buildup of oxygen or gases.     If it could then all of our energy concerns for the future would be solved for good.    

So ok?   Who's smarter than me NOW? 😜  Bunch of dumbasses !   🤣

Not the case. No air ingestion is necessary. The simple change in pressure allows the gases in the bladder to expand.