Michigan Record for a Burbot

1 hour ago, Quillback said:

Brrrr....no way I'm ice fishing in Minnesota in Jan/Feb.   

They fish from fishing shacks with heaters.

2 hours ago, Quillback said:

No way I'm going north of the Missouri border in Jan/Feb.

This winter seems like we might as well be in Wisconsin.  My SIL lives in Ripon, and the temps there have been very close to those in Clinton. In fact, this morning it was warmer in southern Wisconsin than it was here.  That was common during the recent polar outbreak. I wish the folks in North Dakota and Wisconsin would learn to keep the door closed.  

18 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

Not Yet. There are some guides in Minn and other Northern tier states that ice fish for burbot when they go into the shallower waters to spawn. I believe that its Walker Minn that has an Eel Pout festival in the winter Jan/Feb? Seems like a Sturgis bike rally meets drunk ice-fishing event😉

Is this at leech lake?    I was on leech 4 winters ago.   Temperature was -33 an our augers barely were long enough to get through the ice.   

Fishing wasn’t great, but can be phenomenal for walleye.   With all the pictures at the guides.   I don’t remember seeing burbot.

1 hour ago, luckycraft said:

Is this at leech lake?    I was on leech 4 winters ago.   Temperature was -33 an our augers barely were long enough to get through the ice.   

Fishing wasn’t great, but can be phenomenal for walleye.   With all the pictures at the guides.   I don’t remember seeing burbot.

Yes it is held on Leech lake.

On 1/27/2024 at 4:58 AM, Quillback said:

No way I'm going north of the Missouri border in Jan/Feb.

I got blown off the road during a snowstorm in Minnesota in October, several years back. Never go north later than September is my rule now.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

The banks there are intimidating.   

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

1 hour ago, Daryk Campbell Sr said:

The banks there are intimidating.   

I Agree. Would be tough bank fishing.