Pothole 4/23

• Root Admin

Fished the last 3 hours of the day today. Boated up and saw allot of whites on live scope but only one taker on a minnow. I’m sure they are spawning. Water temp 59-60. 

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

• Root Admin

Back again yesterday evening.  LS showed 75% less whites and they still weren't interested.  I caught a nice male on my 2nd cast on a blue rebel and thought, "it's on!", but it wasn't.  I give up on BS whites.  I'll be going to Table Rock and catching smallies in the coming days.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

3 hours ago, Phil Lilley said:

Back again yesterday evening.  LS showed 75% less whites and they still weren't interested.  I caught a nice male on my 2nd cast on a blue rebel and thought, "it's on!", but it wasn't.  I give up on BS whites.  I'll be going to Table Rock and catching smallies in the coming days.

I drove down one night because the whites were “ON” at upper BS and in Beaver.   We went straight to Beavercreek, and on my first cast I caught a rainbow trout.😂.   Never did catch a white bass and neither did anybody else around me and there were dozens of us.😆

It’s awfully late for whites to still be around Beaver Creek.  When we fished it a lot they were usually gone by the first of April.  We would move to the James up around Rolly Blunk’s before heading to Stockton.

Way back when I lived in Forsyth I never really figured out the whites except that a lot of the locals were fishing at night.  

We fished at night and did well.  However, when we quit the day jobs we learned to day fish.  It helped that there were 6 of us and at least one was there every day in January, February and March.  We were able to keep on top of them and know the best bait color.