Jerk bait colors

Basfis

I have my ideas about what I want to throw when. It's water color, available light, and actively level of the fish that matter to me. 

I have baits with almost no color and some that are scary bright. 

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

7 hours ago, Gavin said:

Translucent or opaque, and made in Japan is a good place to start.

Oh, the pain, How True, How True.  I remember in the day, if it were not a clown or had some purple in it, we did not throw it.  Now of days, I have those retired and tucked in a safe place in my memory and on the old timey lure racks.

If you want three colors that will serve you well in just about any conditions, I recommend these ... the top pic is Elegy Bone, the middle is Pro Blue and the bottom is Stain Reaction.

That said, I have five jerk bait boxes containing well over 100 baits. Yes, I have a terminal case of jerk bait fever.

Hope this helps ...

VISION-ONETEN-ELEGY-BONE.jpg

VISION-ONETEN-GP-PRO-BLUE.jpg

VISION-ONETEN-GP-STAIN-REACTION.jpg

ClassActionTransparent.png

12 hours ago, Basfis said:

I'm curious what prompts color selection for a jerk bait on table rock. Chartreuse sides in clouds? Silver in sun? Any belly color no-no's?

I have yet to catch a fish on table rock shad. 

Few years back we tore them up in the White River on Table Rock shad. The water had some stain to it though.  It was late February and a warm rain came through. WWart and Jerkbait city. The fish in my profile picture were caught that day. 

Thanks guys. I cut my teeth with a stick bait at l of o 20 some years ago. Rule of thumb I learned there was white belly in sun, orange or gold in clouds. As you all know, stickbaits have changed a LOT in 20 years. 

Is there no concern for sky conditions for color selection on table rock? Water color/visibility only?