Bass Pro Tour

Alex Heitman

11 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

It may not put fish in the boat but it puts fish where you want them to be so you can catch them.

Or puts the angler where he wants/needs to be quicker, was my thought.  How many guys have won a major tourney recently in a $3000 boat?

7 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

No fly fishing in big time bass pro tourneys either.  I think. 

Do you think fly fishermen/women would take part if it was set up that way?

Do the rules prohibit fly tackle?

1 hour ago, aarchdale@coresleep.com said:

Cant put a camera man in a kayak, and it seems this new tour is a TV show more than a Tournament. All those commercials and ads are crazy, most people watching already have a keel guard or a lowrance product or ( Garmin if they are smart)

GoPros instead of a cameraman.

All the big boat pro tours are about pushing product as much as competition.  BASS live and FLW live have their commercials too.  

8 minutes ago, Quillback said:

GoPros instead of a cameraman.

All the big boat pro tours are about pushing product as much as competition.  BASS live and FLW live have their commercials too.  

FLW in my opinion has the best live. About half what Bass did loast year.   I would try to watch bass on my phone when i could but alway had to watch that 3 minute intro every time. I like how FLW didnt have an intro like that. But i would agree, i would almost rather watch those commercials than a drop shot smallmouth tourney.  

Yep, I think FLW has done a good job.  For me it's more about where they are fishing, if there's one live on TR or Beaver or Grand, I'll probably watch some of it.  This Florida stuff, I watched a couple of hours yesterday, maybe 30 minutes today and probably won't watch anymore until Sunday and that probably won't be a whole lot.

My 2 cents is the BPT needs to cut down on the length of their tourneys, 6 days is way too much in my opinion.  

1 hour ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

No fly fishing in big time bass pro tourneys either.  I think. 

In BASS they can use 10' rods now but they have to have a casting or spinning reel on them.  No fly reels.  But they can use flies all they want.  Just going to be hard to cast them without some sort of float for weight.

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

• Members
18 hours ago, aarchdale@coresleep.com said:

The new figure for todays anglers the top 5 fish bag was 17 lbs.  

aarchdale if you are looking at the weights that a guy was posting on bassboatcentral he did not have the correct information and admitted it. I think he is an MLF hater. LOL

If you look at bassfan they apparently have access to all the weights of each persons fish and have been posting the best 5 fish bags of the top 10 anglers.

Group A Day 1:

Randal Tharp: 22-09

Zack Birge: 21-09

Ish Monroe: 21-08

Group B Day 2:

Greg Hackney: 19-12

Jason Christie: 18-14

Alton Jones Jr: 18-05

Those are decent weights in my humble opinion with the weather they are having. I heard it has been tough down there. I saw somewhere they had a BFL on lake O last weekend with 120 + boats and there were less than 15 limits weighed.

I am amazed at how worked up some of the people on bassboatcentral are over the BPT. I have watched some of it the last few days and it has been entertaining. They definitely seem to be getting the bugs worked out compared to day 1. The way some people on BBC have been carrying on you would think it was the end of the world and the BPT/MLF tour was a product of Satan himself.  

My thought is if you don't like it don't watch it.