Central Iowa - Early November 2019

Get out your (flyrod or spinning rod) Float-n-Fly for bass.  It works!
Got out on Saturday to try out a couple new fly rods.  Caught a couple bluegills, some crappies, and some bass.
E4ECDA3C-CE06-4635-B1A6-781B4806F953.jpg

The two biggest bass were both chunky 20-inch fish:
86172F97-0567-4F9E-A272-A80FCA1C3DE8.jpg
I had mentioned in a previous post about catching a 10.5" bluegill and a 20.5" bass on consecutive days from different bodies of water...but both at exactly 4:33pm.  After I got home from fishing Saturday (before daylight savings time change on Sunday), I looked to see what time the bass above was caught.... again, exactly 4:33pm!  Very strange!

And then just 6 minutes later, the second 20-incher!
F0187C2B-17C1-453C-8492-370F9CFB4532.jpg

Flyfished Saturday. Saw a narrow band of ice along the shoreline.
It was slow going...but somewhat steady...until the wind died in the afternoon.
Ended up with 15+ Bass, and ~ 10 Crappies.
BABEDC5D-4875-46FB-9AC6-CA06C284601A.jpg

07E16F93-FE46-4E4D-8841-5F45900283F8.jpg

50CFCFAA-AEB5-40BA-993D-BD028A938F21.jpg

Lost several bass and crappies, including 2 BIG bass, before switching to a different microjig. That helped. Not sure why, though...I sharpened the hook on the first one a couple times first. Seemed really sharp.
Anyway...I still managed to land some good bass. Biggest 3 measured 18", 18.5", and 20.5" (these 2 pictures are of the same 3 fish....couldn't decide which I liked better ;o) )
BDB5EFF8-6D0B-4CE6-8686-434B9B65A450.jpg

1A6749A7-F0C2-42DD-8C23-F2C441A7C2FC.jpg

Woke up this morning to 3" of snow on the ground.  Had to shovel the driveway before going to work.  :(

Congrats on some nice bass and crappie! Sounds like winter is trying to show up. Still having fall weather here in MD. Currently in low 60s. I want it to drop to get the deer moving again 😒.

2 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

Congrats on some nice bass and crappie! Sounds like winter is trying to show up. Still having fall weather here in MD. Currently in low 60s. I want it to drop to get the deer moving again 😒.

Thanks!  Enjoy your great weather while you have it!  Ours isn't looking great....local waters may freeze over soon.  Fish hit all year...its just whether we can reach them or not!  ;o)

31 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I thought you were retired??

Not yet!  🤔  I'm 51.  Have 2 kids in college.  I hope to work at least another 10 years before I retire.  We are moving to St. Louis for my wife's work.  I don't know what I will do, yet.  Open to suggestions!  ;o) 

4 minutes ago, FishnDave said:

I don't know what I will do, yet.  Open to suggestions!  ;o) 

"Welcome to Bass Pro shops! Can I be of any assistance?" ;)

3 hours ago, FishnDave said:

Not yet!  🤔  I'm 51.  Have 2 kids in college.  I hope to work at least another 10 years before I retire.  We are moving to St. Louis for my wife's work.  I don't know what I will do, yet.  Open to suggestions!  ;o) 

We hire welders and laborers daily.  Kinda cold out there currently.  

Seriously though.  STL metro is a job seekers market.  PM if you are looking.  

Depends on what you do...but if you work as well as you fish you will find something quick. It is hard to hire good candidates in STL...We take our chances and train mostly, or spend for an experienced hire. Not to happy with most of our trainees. The Universities rip most of them off IMO. They should have a clue about accounting if they are an accounting  major before they start....Most do not, fail the CPA exam many times and move on. Shoot me a PM with your CV, Resume, and can make a suggestion. I work with hundreds of businesses.