What's Cooking?

ness

To stick with the autumn soup theme. We caught only three keeper crabs Sunday morning. There was a family in the section that we wanted to crab. Can't complain since they were there from 4 am. We obviously snoozed and lost on that section of the bridge :mellow:. Steamed the crabs in the usual Old Bay. Once cooled my Betterhalf cleaned them while I made the rest of the soup.

20190922_164400.jpg

I had coated each side of a medium butternut squash with coconut oil, powdered ginger, and black pepper. Put them cut side down on a baking sheet and baked them for 55 to 60 minutes at 350. Let them cool before removing the flesh.

20190922_182311.jpg

Minced about 2 TBS of fresh ginger and cooked that in 1 cup of seafood stock that my Betterhalf made after last Sunday's crab meal. Added the squash to the boiling liquid and cooked for about 10 mins, added some more powdered ginger and black pepper then mixed in 1/4 to 1/3 cup of coconut milk and another cup of the seafood stock. Cooked five more mins and blended the soup smooth. Back in the pot and folded in crabmeat and gently heated until all was at the right temp. Added a little salt and more pepper to season and served over jasmine rice. Turned out pretty tasty :D!

20190922_190329.jpg

No pictures as I got called in to work.. 

Last night did a seared and braised pork loin with fennel, yellow onion, and apples. Seared pork (coated with a thin layer of dijon, salt and pepper, thyme, and rosemary), removed and sauteed vegetables and fruit. Added a cup of white wine, splash of Worcestershire, balsamic vinegar, and garlic for the braise and topped to 3/4 up the loin with stock. 

Served slices of the pork over top of a bed of mashed garlic cauliflower and topped with braising vegetables and reduced sauce. Something that cooked long, but came together easy was super great and worth 20 minutes of prep time for a dinner.

Will absolutely do again.

4 hours ago, Lancer09 said:

No pictures as I got called in to work.. 

Last night did a seared and braised pork loin with fennel, yellow onion, and apples. Seared pork (coated with a thin layer of dijon, salt and pepper, thyme, and rosemary), removed and sauteed vegetables and fruit. Added a cup of white wine, splash of Worcestershire, balsamic vinegar, and garlic for the braise and topped to 3/4 up the loin with stock. 

Served slices of the pork over top of a bed of mashed garlic cauliflower and topped with braising vegetables and reduced sauce. Something that cooked long, but came together easy was super great and worth 20 minutes of prep time for a dinner.

Will absolutely do again.

Sounds fantastic. Reading this had my stomach growling and my mouth water a bit😀.