Whatchya Drinking?

ness

On 12/11/2020 at 12:26 PM, Gavin said:

Bloody Mary service...at brunch...at the Commander's Palace in NOLA....I want to do that again, and again.

Commander's is a great place.  I never pass it up when in NOLA.

On 12/11/2020 at 3:14 PM, ness said:

I love a good Bloody Mary, but I prefer them virgin. IMO, the vodka just messes up a great tasting drink. I like it with a little chipotle chile powder, celery salt and some horseradish. But, I've had them with a lot of different stuff that I like too. Not a big fan of the over-the-top garnishes that you see now. And, I especially don't want bacon in it, or in any other drink. 

Agree I don't much care for vodka in anything.  Grapefruit juice it's OK but would rather have gin and grapefruit.

33 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

A red beer.  Miller Lite with about 2 ounces of Clamato and a couple of dashes of worcestershire in the clamato before adding the beer.  In a cold glass.  Hey, I got class.

Having one right now but with Budweiser!

John

11 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Is it actually the alcohol in cheap wine/beer that causes those pounding headaches?  Or is it another ingredient?    

Not sure.  All red wine gives me headache and I grew up drinking it without one for years.  Then it just started.  Miller Lite gives me headache but not other beers.

I've drank all kinds of non alcoholic beers and I've yet to get a headache.  Of course I only drink one or two.

11 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Is it actually the alcohol in cheap wine/beer that causes those pounding headaches?  Or is it another ingredient?    

It’s the Tannins that give you the headache combined with any sugar you may have consumed with the alcohol.