Gorgeous Sunday

Started off at Taylor around noon Sunday, fished from the bridge to the bottom of the eddy below Taylor.  Not a bite. We loaded the boat back up and headed to Orleans. Put in and went above the bridge just a little ways. The wind was strong enough that we had to pull off to one side and just tie the boat off. We casted across the river and slowly fished the swimmin minnow back to us. Bam first cast a nice white! Then soon after my buddy added one to his stringer. Then dink after dink after dink came to the boat. We ended up with somewhere around 75 whites between 4 of us, 7 of which were big enough to go on the stringer. The key was a REALLY slow retrieval and it was a very light bite but it was a great day to be on the river! Its only going to get better from here!

11 hours ago, bwcballer10 said:

Started off at Taylor around noon Sunday, fished from the bridge to the bottom of the eddy below Taylor.  Not a bite. We loaded the boat back up and headed to Orleans. Put in and went above the bridge just a little ways. The wind was strong enough that we had to pull off to one side and just tie the boat off. We casted across the river and slowly fished the swimmin minnow back to us. Bam first cast a nice white! Then soon after my buddy added one to his stringer. Then dink after dink after dink came to the boat. We ended up with somewhere around 75 whites between 4 of us, 7 of which were big enough to go on the stringer. The key was a REALLY slow retrieval and it was a very light bite but it was a great day to be on the river! Its only going to get better from here

Thanks for the report. Wonder if the tain will shut them down or push them up. I've seen it go either way

Awesome! I finished tying the "last" session of my preseason clousers and i created a new color combo that I think I'll call "skol" as a Vikings fan - purple over chartreuse with rainbow flash. I will be headed out on Saturday weather pending to try my luck. 

20200309_103657.jpg

Walked in on the Frisco Line upriver to snoop around. Didn't take a rod with me since it's still really early and I had the big dog with me. Water looks really good up there but I'm afraid this rain is going to dirty it up. CFS is already rising slowly and we have a bunch more rain coming. 

Didn't hang around as long as I wanted to. Was trying to find a way down to a gravel bar so the dog could go for a swim. Saw a spot that looked promising even though it was about 10 feet down. A couple of steps into it I realized it was slickass mud and tried to scramble out of it but Charli had already committed to getting into the water and nothing was stopping her. I wasn't smart enough to just let go of the leash so I went down with her, just not as graceful. I slid to a halt at the waters edge covered in mud and bleeding a bit. But she got to go swimming.