Hybrids

96 CHAMP

36 minutes ago, 3DHUSKER said:

LOL,  another Ozark scholar . 🤣

Thanks for editing your response...a little nicer! 
hey, it was the only joke I knew about Nebraska 😂

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

On 10/23/2020 at 9:02 AM, liphunter said:

My ex-wife and her family was from Nebraska. If they had an N anywhere? It wasn't for knowledge!!! 😉

My ex-wife was from Nebraska also.  Similar experience.  😉

On 10/22/2020 at 10:54 AM, fishinwrench said:

I understand why you thought that. You trusted that tidbit of info was factual because the person who stated it had an official sounding title that you associated with FACTS.

But it isn't true.   

Do you understand why there is such a critter known as a "Meanmouth bass"?    Same deal.

Ever heard of a "Grass carp"?  There ya go again.

Agreed 100% there is no darn way I catch so many little hybrids as I do if they weren’t reproducing. It doesn’t take a fisheries biologist to figure that one out hahaha I catch them from 10 lbs to 1 lb in the same areas every year. There isn’t any stocking going on where I’m at

On 10/22/2020 at 9:22 PM, fishinwrench said:

No burr, I just saw that you applauded his smartass post.   

You think just because I cut up and have fun kidding around on here that I don't have any credibility.   Hell, you still challenge the fact that threadfin shad are present in Lake O for Christ sake.... just because you read some ding-a-ling biologists article that said that Lake O only had gizzard shad.   

No Theadfin in LOZ???? Hahahaha okay wth 

On 10/22/2020 at 1:31 PM, fishinwrench said:

Science is only good when it's accurate and applicable.  

Two hybrid stripers are unlikely to produce surviving offspring only because of the bouyancy and sticky/tacky factor of the eggs.   BUT a stocked Hybrid Striper and a native White bass can, and do, produce offspring (mutts).  And those offspring have traits that are not proven to be good for the gene pool in the long run.   

And if it turns out to be a poor choice....it is IRREVERSIBLE.   They'll never be able to correct/fix it.    

Rule#1:.  Don't phuck with mother nature!

If biologists were as smart as they think they are.....then why are they still conducting experiments?   Their actions indicate that they believe that they already know EVERYTHING.

Agreed 100% if you actually were out chasing these fish on rivers and lakes you would know what Wrench is talking about

1 hour ago, 3DHUSKER said:

My ex-wife was from Nebraska also.  Similar experience.  😉

My in-laws are from Nebraska, but I don't blame their douchebaggery on their geography.   I blame it on vodka and gin.....and long winter's.  

One thing they do know about, is how to pick out a better snow shovel.  That Kubota gets it done!  Drunk or sober.  

1 hour ago, Mitch f said:

Thanks for editing your response...a little nicer! 
hey, it was the only joke I knew about Nebraska 😂

You don't know the one about why Nebraska took out grass and put in astroturf on the football field?

Couldn't keep the cheerleaders from grazing between downs.

21 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

One thing they do know about, is how to pick out a better snow shovel.  That Kubota gets it done!  Drunk or sober.  

I left the blower up there when I left 27 years ago.  Hope to never need one ever again.