The Force

eyedabassman

The Pros:. They are simple in design, easy to troubleshoot, easy to repair, and are actually pretty reliable if you maintain them well and don't try to overwork them.  

The Cons:.  As with all things associated with Mercury Marine, many parts are NLA (no longer available), and the parts that are still available are 3x more expensive than they have any business being.  

The only TRUE P.O.S. was the 5 cylinder inline 150 (avoid those basturds like the plague)   The 2, 3, and 4 cylinder Force motors are a tad low on power.....but they will push a boat until you can save up enough for something better. 

I have a Buddy that has one and loves it. He feels like it is VERY quiet and strong.

one thing he mentioned to me is that it stays strong until the end, but when the battery is weak it is DONE. There isn't that last couple of hours where you know you are running out of juice well before it happens.

He also mentioned that it has a safety feature there it has to be completely deployed to run. The days of holding it just under the surface with the pull cord are over

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

50 minutes ago, Ham said:

I have a Buddy that has one and loves it. He feels like it is VERY quiet and strong.

one thing he mentioned to me is that it stays strong until the end, but when the battery is weak it is DONE. There isn't that last couple of hours where you know you are running out of juice well before it happens.

He also mentioned that it has a safety feature there it has to be completely deployed to run. The days of holding it just under the surface with the pull cord are over

Is he using a lithium battery?