Boat trim

pjlures

• Members

Seems like I see more big nice bass  boats going down the lake not trimmed up. Nose is down and they are plowing the water.  I always trim a boat to where as much as possible is out of the water at what ever speed.  Trim up till it starts to bounce then trim drown a little for a smooth ride. Seems these guys are getting a boat and no one teaches them how to use it. Am I wrong?  Is there a better way? 

5 minutes ago, pjlures said:

Seems like I see more big nice bass  boats going down the lake not trimmed up. Nose is down and they are plowing the water.  I always trim a boat to where as much as possible is out of the water at what ever speed.  Trim up till it starts to bounce then trim drown a little for a smooth ride. Seems these guys are getting a boat and no one teaches them how to use it. Am I wrong?  Is there a better way? 

I’ve only known one dealer who made sure that the customer understood his unit and how it functioned.  He is retired.

Nose down gives a better ride when you're running into a heavy chop, that's the only practical reason.

I've also seen guys taking a never ending eight second ride because it's trimmed too high. I'm not sure how they stand it.

-Austin