Took a drive

laker67

6 hours ago, laker67 said:

Of course we all know they will buy a few for opener and major holidays, and of course next November. So goes the fishing at bssp.

They called trying to get some back from us on the urban program.   We declined...😁

They need to allow a few of us air gunners to thin out the black buzzards before they add a fish cleaning station at Bennett.     

You ever seen those dudes fighting over a piece of fish skin or a head?   It's pretty nasty...... squawking, pooping, and ejecto-puking all over the place.  It's like Friday night at a biker bar.

4 hours ago, JimDog said:

This was Sunday morning.  I could have done some thinning with my size 13... IMG_1190.MOV 56.46 MB · 6 downloads  

Yeah we saw them Saturday.  They certainly aren't afraid of anybody. 

Two of them were fighting over what looked to be a dirty diaper.    Reminded me of that very crude joke about the two vampires fighting over a tampon. 🤣

6 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

They already have a cleaning station at Montauk. Why not one at BSSP? Maybe it's the meat jig lobbyists petitioning against a cleaning station😅

Probably putting it up in the catch and release part, just to generate more revenue.

Noticed the Didymo boot cleaning station near the Hatchery bldg that cost 30 grand is dug up an gone.  More money on a worthless cause.  But the tax money generated from the sales tax on all the new waders and wader boots made up for it I am sure.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

• Members

I ask about trout cleaning stations at the park meeting this year.  The answer was the organic load on the existing waste water treatment system would be to great. A significant amount of sludge would be generated and have to be hauled off for land application.  Montauk sends there sludge to the conservation tree farm and it is used to fertilize. seedings.  Just wait till they have to upgrade the WWT system that will cost a fortune.  One of the mobile home parks just upgraded there lagoon system and he spent big bucks to do the work.

• Members

They have just about ruined this park. I am 65 yrs old and have been coming to Bennett since I was 5 yrs old. In the last 15 yrs the quality and numbers of fish have declined rapidly. When I was young you could look over the stone bridge to the dam and see a lot of fish, now if you see a dozen you are lucky. I see more people using bait in the upper area than I have ever seen. I talk to them and they say they did not know. I have not been there in a year and I do not think I will ever go back.

23 minutes ago, frenchbritt said:

They have just about ruined this park. I am 65 yrs old and have been coming to Bennett since I was 5 yrs old. In the last 15 yrs the quality and numbers of fish have declined rapidly. When I was young you could look over the stone bridge to the dam and see a lot of fish, now if you see a dozen you are lucky. I see more people using bait in the upper area than I have ever seen. I talk to them and they say they did not know. I have not been there in a year and I do not think I will ever go back.

I've been going for all 60 years of my life.  Once they started the construction projects about 10 years ago or whatever it was.  It went in the tank!!!  Heck, used to you could see lunkers off the bridge.   

3 hours ago, frenchbritt said:

When I was young you could look over the stone bridge to the dam and see a lot of fish, now if you see a dozen you are lucky

I say it all the time.   Back when the park was awesome all they had was a 1/2 ton 2wd pickup, 4-5 employees, and a pair of wheelbarrows.  Now they have all this high-tech expensive gear, specialized vehicles, and more hands than a military construction crew.......and they can't accomplish jack squat.    

Most rediculous thing I've ever seen.