I know some of you know a LOT more about sunglasses than I do, of course it doesn't take much to know more than I do.  Assume I am going to buy a new pair of Oakleys, I can get them through work for about half of retail price.  I want polarized lenses and at that point I quickly run out if knowledge.  I think I want what they list as the desert series, amber lens, polarized, etc.  Will be fishing and driving glasses.  Give me wisdom, knowledge and or opinions please.

0F354DBE-B9A5-4FA0-8E32-37568CEC09D9.pngCosta green mirror probably the best I’ve had for rivers and lake. Glass 580 lens. Amazing clarity.

I like the weight of the polycarbonate lenses better but I tend to be hard on glasses while bushwhacking so I prefer the glass..

They’re like X-ray glasses for glare and definition in the water haha

Used to be harder to find a good dealer to try them on at but Bass pro carries many styles.  

Found my last pair on sale a a smaller retailer.

Whatever you do, get glass lenses. I have Costas and like them. Everyone is saying the Bajio's are really good, though. May have to get a pair soon. I have a blue tint for fishing and an amber for driving/whatever. Just avoid plastic at all costs. 

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

33 minutes ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

Whatever you do, get glass lenses. I have Costas and like them. Everyone is saying the Bajio's are really good, though. May have to get a pair soon. I have a blue tint for fishing and an amber for driving/whatever. Just avoid plastic at all costs. 

Why?  I have several pairs even some Costas.  None of them have glass.

1 hour ago, Hawg said:

ta green mirror probably the best I’ve had for rivers and lake. Glass 580 lens. Amazing clarity.

I

That’s what I have.   The really work well on Ozark rivers with gold gravel bottoms.   I also have Maui Jim’s with the ultra thin glass.  But they stay in my truck.   

11 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Why?  I have several pairs even some Costas.  None of them have glass.

The clarity is very subpar in plastic lenses compared to glass. And the distortion in plastic lenses is greater than glass (which has zero distortion). And the UV protection is lower. 

I was a cheap sunglasses guy for a long time and then I got the Costa glass lenses and I will never go back, in terms of fishing that is.

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

I have Oakley, Costa, and Maui Jim’s.  Glass is the only way to go…MJ has the best clarity and are my favorites(and also prescription) but the Costas(blue 580)are the best for intense light/saltwater fishing.  I wear the MJs for everything else..the Oakleys are now just backups.

Mike

See you all just got to complicate my thinking.  I have had a pair of oakleys for 20 years with plastic lenses, replaced the lenses once,and ear pieces.  I ge t oakleys discounted so they were my first thought.  Tough part about good expensive (to me) su glasses is you never know exactly how they will perform until after you own them.