WTB Ski Fish Boat

N9BOW

Looking for a Ski\Fish boat to cruise around the lake shore, visit friends and be able to fish a little.. usage will be 60/40 - pleasure/fish,  hence the sport fish combo.

Been checking out Ranger Reata, Nitro Sports and Triton SF on FB Market place.. found a few there and figured I'd put a feeler out here.

N9BOW

Yep, your a married man alright.. LOL.  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

5 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

What's the budget allow?

In other words......How much are you willing to spend ?

15-20 somewhere in there... depends on the boat motor trailer condition age etc

Buy a dual console Bass boat, put one of those little Ski poles on the back and tell the wife its a Fish N Ski. You will be much happier and it will hold its value longer.

I remember growing up a buddy had a fish n ski and it was horrible to fish out of, no where to put rods or tackle. Wasnt much fun to ski behind either, and rides the same as a normal bass boat

Need seating for up to 5 people … albeit not all the time. I know there is a trade off when you do combos.. I’m looking at a Ranger Reata… like the setup. 

Fish/Ski boats typically have stronger transoms, but they are not robust enough on the bow cap to handle some of today's heavier trolling motors.    

As long as you stick with old school standard mount trolling motors you'll be fine, but don't haul off and install an Ultrex or a Ghost on one....or it will start breaking loose the first big wave you hit. 

15 hours ago, curtisce said:

Go up north all you see are Reata and they are fishing out of them. Probably gooing to be spending more than 20k

definitely not newer ones.
im seeing several of older 180's and 190's in my range 2004 -2008.