Windy day at Montauk

Foghorn

Old friend Jerry Pike and I headed to Montauk this morning for a quick day of winter fishing . Fished from 09:30 to 14:00 and had a decent day in spite of the wind. Caught somewhere between 30-35 fish in the campground and missed at least one half that many. Hot fly for me early on was a bead head fox squirrel nymph and an egg pattern for Jerry. Had some fish high in the water column and threw an #18 tan emerger but had trouble keeping any of them on. Did have a 4# brown materialize out of nowhere and track the emerger as I was stripping in. Went back upstream later and never did find it but caught a 5-5 1/2# rainbow later on a peach fur bug. Sorry for no pics but I shut the phone off and left it in the truck for a little relief. A pretty awesome day even with the wind.

The New Yorker was probably lost. There is a Montauk, New York. I was researching Montauk state park, and Montauk NY, kept coming up in the results.  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

35 minutes ago, Daryk Campbell Sr said:

The New Yorker was probably lost. There is a Montauk, New York. I was researching Montauk state park, and Montauk NY, kept coming up in the results.  

Coastal Striper fishing capital of the world. 👍

• Members
On 2/6/2023 at 9:30 PM, Foghorn said:

Hadn't wet a line in a little while so it was  good to get away.

Nice fish Jeff!

I finally made it down to Bennett on Sunday for the first time all winter, great day to fish.