LIB

Dutch

As I was coming into the Cape Fair Marina cove I saw a guy sitting up high in a floating contraption.  It was lime green and had a seat in front of him with no trolling motor.  As we got closer I could tell that it was an air boat.  He was powering it with a stern mounted trolling motor.  He came out of the cove and turned up stream.  About the time we were at the courtesy he fired it up.  It sounded like a small jet.

I’m guessing that dude got lost on his way to the Everglades.  He probably got his Capes mixed up.  I wish I had taken a pic.

11 hours ago, cheesemaster said:

I have seen an airboat a few times on the James (Cape area) over the last year or so. It is loud - real loud.

Is it the green one?

23 hours ago, Bill Babler said:

There were latterly dozens of them a few years ago during BP’s rough fish tournament. Noise a night scared the Bejeebers out of the locals and they banned them due to Mo. noise restrictions policy. 

It wasn't just the loud exhaust from the straight-exhaust V-8's they were running, it was having the inside of your home lit-up so you could easily read a book at 3 AM.  Of course we still have the night-time bright light thing going on including the clown at Baxter who always  runs all the way back to the launch ramp with the huge LED lights blazing and blinding other night anglers.