Public service announcement from BilletHead Jr.

From Matt's post on social media this afternoon. 

Be sure to get any weird shaped moles or other odd growths checked out. Skin cancer is easy to treat when caught early.

It popped up within a week. Saw a dermatologist and had a biopsy. Had Mohs surgery today and got cut out like 5 minutes. Maybe a 2 hour appointment total.

May be an image of 1 person and beard

Yep, that's my boy.😀 I know we all have friends that done if not one of yourselves. He said they cut out a place almost the size of a quarter. Not sure how deep they went. Stay Vigilant He told me this thing was growing fast. Squamous cell Carcinoma. If untreated and ignored Untreated, squamous cell carcinoma of the skin can grow large or spread to other parts of your body, causing serious complications.

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Skin cancer sucks !  No doubt about it.  But of all the things I could have wrong with me...... I'll gladly take it.  

I just passed a full year of treating Basil cell on my own. It was on my upper lip so cutting it out wasn't an option.  Haven't had a second biopsy yet but I'm pretty sure the cancer is gone.  The healing is taking forever but it is SLOWLY filling in.   I doubt that it will ever be back to normal though. 

Since my modeling and dating days are long gone the only thing I truly miss is WHISTLING 😙   😅

And I'm sick & tired of this stupid Aquaphore tape that I have to cut to shape and cover it with.  What a PIA ! 

They couldn't have gone very deep there on your boys temple..... ain't much depth of skin there to begin with!   

Hope he heals up handsome as ever. 👍

56 minutes ago, Mitch f said:

Nothing to mess with

And you know I don't remember him being out in the sun all that much Mitch as I was growing up.  I know he will be even more diligent and I am hoping he will see a dermatologist and see one yearly from now on. 

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

24 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Skin cancer sucks !  No doubt about it.  But of all the things I could have wrong with me...... I'll gladly take it.  

I just passed a full year of treating Basil cell on my own. It was on my upper lip so cutting it out wasn't an option.  Haven't had a second biopsy yet but I'm pretty sure the cancer is gone.  The healing is taking forever but it is SLOWLY filling in.   I doubt that it will ever be back to normal though. 

Since my modeling and dating days are long gone the only thing I truly miss is WHISTLING 😙   😅

And I'm sick & tired of this stupid Aquaphore tape that I have to cut to shape and cover it with.  What a PIA ! 

They couldn't have gone very deep there on your boys temple..... ain't much depth of skin there to begin with!   

Hope he heals up handsome as ever. 👍

Chicks dig scars :) 

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

This stuff here is pretty expensive, but it does do the job for Basil & Squamous cell skin cancers.   It isn't "officially approved" here in the U.S. but is being used with great results in Australia and the UK.    

https://vita-stream.com/curaderm-bec-cream.html?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA6KWvBhAREiwAFPZM7gLLllq4qsKM9F87Vq242Nev97X70S-LA8TV5_bIsdxSqpTWHSDl1RoCXIcQAvD_BwE

Skin cancer sux.  I have had 4 fairly major removals from face and ears.  Anytime something new pops up, my wife takes a photo and send it to the Dermatologist.  Sometimes it's, nothing, at least once it cost me a few hours and I think 23 stitches.  I am getting a lot better at remembering sunblock, the stretchy things you can wear etc.

What blows my mind is that I never knew, or even heard of anyone with a dangerous form of skin cancer until I was in my mid-40's

A mere 15 years later and now it seems that everyone has it.  Or if they don't have it then they know 10 people that do.  Including youngsters.  

If I thought about it I bet I could come up with a sizable list of other "ailments" that fit that same pattern. So what the heck is happening to the human race ?  🤔 

How old were YOU when you first heard the term "Basil cell, or Squamous cell carcinoma" ?   And did everyone in your circles lather themselves with sunscreen and stay in the shade their whole lives?  

One of my fishing buddies just found out he has Melanoma, next week he's in for surgery.  It's fairly small so there's a good chance once removed it will be gone.  He reads OA, but rarely posts.  

One of the guys I worked with, lived in LA, always tanned, lived the fun and sun lifestyle, got Melanoma and it killed him, fairly young guy, early 50's when he died.

You gotta keep an eye on any cancerous looking spots that pop up, you have to get Melanoma treated early, it's a killer.