Zzzzzziiinnngggggg goes the drag!

https://youtu.be/Y7VHAPY6HQw

Locked my kayak up by the dam this morning then drove the truck to Coopers Creek and parked it at the ramp. Caught a taxi back.This was a great idea btw.

Hit the water around 10am. No generation. 

Paddled up towards the cable and began throwing a sculpin colored jig under a float. Missed a good hit first cast. Second cast I hooked this brown,  which ended up being my pb and was right at 20 inches.  

Got it on video. 

My GoPro was acting up and skips a few times. 

Floated and fished back down to Coopers creek once generation started and most of the algae had washed through. 

Picked up a few rainbows on the way down, but catching that brown trout first fish of the day led to more of a leisure float with me smiling the whole way. 

53F51C25-512D-4B4F-9305-0992B7BFE3FB.jpeg

05DE7E9D-D5E8-4998-8511-00130EDD83C4.jpeg

95F7A664-F8FE-4091-84B7-C1A8CED34468.png

1 hour ago, tjm said:

I wish they had taxi service on all the  waters, that's a good idea. Nice brown fish too.

Took an hour to pick me up but the fare was only $11 bucks. 

Cool cabby who is the lead singer/guitarist in a cover band and gigs at the local bars.

Gave him a $20.

31 minutes ago, JestersHK said:

Nice fish!  Cool video.  What'd you have on under that float?  If you don't mind sharing.  Thats a great way to start a day!

Sculpin colored jig from the drawer at Phil's shop. Can't remember which size it was. 

23 hours ago, Smallie Seeker said:

Took an hour to pick me up but the fare was only $11 bucks. 

Cool cabby who is the lead singer/guitarist in a cover band and gigs at the local bars.

Gave him a $20.

" Harry,  keep the change....... I stuffed the bill in my shirt."  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

It was a sad smile just the same.

And she said "How are you Harry?  I said "How are you Sue? Though the too many miles and the too little smiles. And I still remember you."