White bass run

Fatbass hunter

• Members

I heard the whites we're up running the river, thought that sounds fun, sat 3 -7pm at Taylor's, swift current no whites but 6 14" k's cranking the bluff, Sunday 8- 2:00 at steel bridge w/ slower current only a few whites a 3lb largemouth, I was disappointed in not catching a lot more whites, normally this time of year you can limit in a few hours. Now I know how Charlie Brown feels, good grief.

11 hours ago, Fatbass hunter said:

normally this time of year you can limit in a few hours. Now I know how Charlie Brown feels, good grief

That's been my experience over the years in at least 4 states wasting gas money chasing those vile critters.  White bass run = FAKE NEWS:D

Growing up in Northwestern Mo we heard tails of white runs.  Guy owned a resort on LOZ and would call Dad when they started.  We'd pile into the car with the 10 horse Johnson, a tent and all our gear and race down there.  

"You just missed 'em by about a hour."

I've caught them over the years, but never saw the bare hook catching run.  I'd probably freeze up... 

Worked with a guy who admitted to seeing his first deer and stood there jacking every shell through his 30-30 without firing a shot.  I wonder what the fishing equivalent to that would be?  I need to be mentally prepared.

18 hours ago, riverman said:

Does anyone know if the tree is still across the river between orleans bridge and Taylor bridge

Interested in this also. Is it a complete block? Thanks,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

8 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

At least I've never brought my own chain saw to chase those vile critters.:)

At least I can now trim trees while being in spot lock mode🤣. Reckon how safe that will be? 

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead