Fly-fishing Jon boat

I started with this...IMG_20200620_203649945.jpg

Originally wanted to keep it a tiller but the Merc 25 had been run with no oil and it was too far gone to save for a reasonable cost.  I couldn't find a long shaft tiller 25/30 so plan B was to put a console in it and install this sweetheart that has been hanging in the back of my shop for 3+ years IMG_20200706_145118790.jpg

Framed a front deck w/storage area and plumbed the livewell and covered in SeaDeck (the lightest color available to keep things cool in the sun) IMG_20200624_213101256~2.jpg

Installed some LED front lights because light posts and flyline always wanna make love to each other in the middle of a double-haul.    

And Blah, blah, blah. Lots of sweat and cussing, and hangups on getting paint, a console, and various other items that ordinarily wouldn't be a problem at all (thanks to COVID fearing suppliers across the country).    

Anyway, she's done and ready for taxes and registering at the DMV.  

IMG_20200712_185358459~2.jpg

IMG_20200712_185656623~2.jpg

IMG_20200712_185336122~2.jpg

3 hours ago, Gavin said:

Looks slick! Nothing to snag line on. Needs a poling platform!

I tossed that idea around.  It would look really cool but I'd never actually use it.  

I have a hand operated TM on a ProControll mount and a 50amp 12v plug up front.  Screenshot_20200715-002607~2.png

I have a brand new black Bimini top that I found laying in the road and nobody came back to claim it.  I'm thinking that might be sweet to have on there while searching and waiting for the white bass blitzes to happen.  

3 hours ago, kjackson said:

I was going to suggest that you needed a hand-operated trolling motor as I've one sitting in my garage that's never seen water.  

Yep, pedals are line grabbers, and wireless are too heavy and too hard on the battery.  A single Group 27DP runs everything, and the motor only charges at 6amps. 

Spotlock would sure be nice to have, but I've gotten along fine all these years without it, so I'm gonna resist current technology on the principal that I'm a curmudgeon, and have a whole pile of anchors behind the shop.  I also chose the cheapest LCR that would monitor water temp and battery voltage.  All I really want to know are those 2 things....and the depth. 👍