Spry little minx.... just picked her up. Lee Craft 14ft.

N9BOW

Should be perfect to scoot up the smaller rivers here to hunt and fish. Test rode her with my little lehr 5hp. Propane. Very maneuverable craft. Might actually be scary with a 25. I know people race with this hull with a 40-45hp. Plan to make this a winter project. May even pull her down for jigfest if I get a 9.9 and go up the Buffalo. Not a bad deal (I don’t think) Boat and trailer for a grand. Registered till 2022. Also came with custom fabricated drop in decks to stand on up front and one for the rear (not shown). Found a remote steer yr. 2000 mercury 9.9 for 500.00 - low hrs... may build a small side console just for that motor.

i decided to get this over the soloskiff. I can do lots more with the bigger beam than the solo. Fish two people easy..and me and the dog for solo outings will be awesome.

let me know if anyone knows of a decent deal on a 9.9 -20hp tiller.

700BC252-B59A-4678-ADF4-F182D4540D2E.jpeg

A70E4909-04D6-45F7-A807-AEFB380322C8.jpeg

Love it! When you finish upgrades, please post again.

On 10/13/2020 at 9:02 PM, fishinwrench said:

IMG_20200610_130500583~2.jpg

Ohhhh. will keep this in mind!
I am looking at possibly putting in the narrow gunnel version of this swing away remote console (http://www.ganatswingaway.com.au/) as part of the project.. This should give me my limited floor space back vs building a bulkier fixture.

narrow5_large.jpg

narrow6_s.jpg

narrow5_large.jpg

Gonna get her painted to match my Topwater..kinda like the flake and seafoam but  in the original design of the lightning stripes :)

14river.jpg

image1.PNG

image1.JPG

This is a pretty cool setup... (still investigating if i go this route)

5_S.jpg

6_S.jpg

narrow4_large.jpg

image1.JPG

4 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

200 might be a little much don’t u think 😁

I don't know why Merc called their 10' 110's

And their 20's 200's

It had to do with the ignition system I think.   They were so proud of themselves when they eliminated points and distributors.

The 115's were labeled 1150's too.

28 minutes ago, gotmuddy said:

I like the look of the boat.  If it were me I would KISS and use a tiller.

Yeah true..but this is a project boat and whatever I do to it, especially if I go the route of remote steer would be to make the remote steer install removable :gangs: with just a few turns of the wrench to take it out and go right back to tiller for HP restricted waters. I know its pie in the sky thinking but.. I like pie and I like the sky :grin:

The remote steer setup while cool may just be too much money.... also when all is said and done. I ever part with it would I get back out of it what I put in? So that's part of the plan.. to cost everything out and then decide on the actual build path... I don't count my labor, as this is the sort of thing I enjoy doing.