motor guide tour pro

merc1997 Bo

12 hours ago, merc1997 Bo said:

second trip out with the tour pro.  i took an ultrex guy with me, and he was more than impressed.  i have the 24 v 82 lb. thrust.  full speed, pantera 2, 52 gallons of gas, and livewells full, 2.7 mph full speed.  no flex noise of any kind out of bracket.  normal movement of foot pedal, you never here any steering noise.  barely hear it when making a very fast movement of pedal.  spot lock is right on the money, very precise.  i just wish it had not taken so long to get it.  it is a winner.

bo

Bo, what TM did you replace? Some of these new TMs seem a little on the hefty side. Have you noticed anything regarding the weight of the Tour Pro, good or bad?

"There was a time that I didn't fish, but I cannot remember it."

6 hours ago, Macsimus said:

Bo, what TM did you replace? Some of these new TMs seem a little on the hefty side. Have you noticed anything regarding the weight of the Tour Pro, good or bad?

i replaced a minn kota maxxum 70 lb. thrust.  the motor guide is at least 15 lbs. lighter.  that is a lot of weight to take off the very nose of the boat.

bo

1 hour ago, merc1997 Bo said:

forgot to mention that the bump pole is integrated on the bracket.  meaning that it is hinged and when you deploy the motor it folds down into the top of the bracket.

bo

Thanks for the heads up, keep us posted for more reviews. This is the reason I have not bought anything yet. Been waiting patiently like many

I'm waiting very patiently for my Fortrex to give out. Not showing any sign of it. Which makes me very happy. I'm a shallow-water guy and spot lock just doesn't mean much to me. Heck, the last thing I want to do is STOP and sit in one spot! 😆

ClassActionTransparent.png

4 minutes ago, Champ188 said:

I'm waiting very patiently for my Fortrex to give out. Not showing any sign of it. Which makes me very happy. I'm a shallow-water guy and spot lock just doesn't mean much to me. Heck, the last thing I want to do is STOP and sit in one spot! 😆

But, what if you're getting on in years, it's a nice sunny afternoon with no wind, fishing alone, and you've been up since the crack o' dawn? Spot lock would allow a brief little snooze, no? 😄

"There was a time that I didn't fish, but I cannot remember it."

Being able to re- tie in the wind or being able to un-button a fish or any other issues while in the wind as I get older is the main reason for wanting spot lock, and to just take a break. Is the price worth it? I’m thinking yes, my knees and back need some help!

4 hours ago, 96 CHAMP said:

Being able to re- tie in the wind or being able to un-button a fish or any other issues while in the wind as I get older is the main reason for wanting spot lock, and to just take a break. Is the price worth it? I’m thinking yes, my knees and back need some help!

It absolutely is worth it. 

My comments were 90% in jest ... I can certainly see the value in the situations that you guys mentioned. Especially napping! But until the Fortrex gives up the ghost, I think I'll make do with it.

My next one will no doubt have spot lock, but I don't see myself ever stepping up to livescope. Video fishing is just not my cup of tea and to get set up right, you're looking at $10K or more. It's not worth it for me but can be worth its weight in gold to some of you deep-sea guys (Babler for sure).

Later, guys. Headed to Beaver with a youngster from work and hope I can get him on some fish. 

ClassActionTransparent.png