deleted

caught this one a feww summers ago. I have caught several in the 18" range from our local stream. This one came from the Current. I was standing and saw what I thought must be a carp. It was no crap. It swam slowlly under a large sunken tree trunk and I dropped my green worm just to the other side. It wass 20" long with quite a large girth

Really nice fish! These 20" fish are getting increasingly harer to come by in Missouri

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I actually bested my long time 3lb 18 incher from the bourboise river twice this summer! First a 3.3 lb 20 incher from my favorite Creek, then a 3.46 lb 19 1/2 incher from the Meremac river below Scotts ford access! 

First pic is the 20incher from my undisclosed location (sorry guys!). Second is the Meremac river!

IMG_1542.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

• 2 years later...

Gotta bring this thread back. My son and I were wading a mid-Mo creek and he caught his new PB, just over 15, but lost one that I estimated at 16-17. The kiddo is hopelessly hooked. We just picked him up a kayak to hit some more water with, too. 

20200626_122557.jpg

Andy

44 minutes ago, drew03cmc said:

Gotta bring this thread back. My son and I were wading a mid-Mo creek and he caught his new PB, just over 15, but lost one that I estimated at 16-17. The kiddo is hopelessly hooked. We just picked him up a kayak to hit some more water with, too. 

20200626_122557.jpg

Tell him congrats on a nice creek smallie!  Should have fun with that kayak!

I have only caught one above 18" - this 18.4" fish came while ai was fishing with @Ham. Still contend that I was smiling :rolleyes:.

Smallmouth bass (1) 18.4 in - Current River - 05Aug16.JPG

Before that were a bunch of 17 to 17.75" fish like this guy from a small MO river.

Dad 17 inch Smallie - Maries 19 July 12.JPG

My biggest Smallmouth measured 20" from a river in north central Illinois.  No picture.  Had left my camera at home.  I considered trying to drive the fish home, get a photograph, then release it...but I didn't like its chances of survival...so I let it go.

In Iowa, I caught a few on flies in the 18"-18.5" range.  

DM_SR_18inSMB_2019.jpg

AF0EF8F2-B8F8-4C38-BB4E-8A72C9F04CEC.jpg