COVID-19 - Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

N9BOW

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

I agree 🙄 

I'm beginning to get a little tired of hearing the same thing over and over and over and over and over again.    We get it, ok?  EVERYBODY GETS IT!!!!

That uncomfortable feeling of being brainphucked started bothering me about 3 days ago, and I'm on the verge of crossing back over to the "ok, this is BS" side.  

Do what I did -- turn off the news.

John

19 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Well if there's anything NEW going on I'd like to stay in the loop.  Not exactly comfortable slamming the door on the whole thing just yet.   

It’s just a lot of the same information being echoed over and over. And over. Drives me nuts too. I check news websites a couple times a day but most stuff has trickled in one way or another throughout the day. 

John

Yeah I quit watching the news on this a while back, I just check a news site first thing in the AM to see if the world hasn't ended yet.  

Fishing one of the local lakes here in Bella Vista today, first sunny warm day in a while.  Tons of boats out on the lake for one thing, and then there is a nature trail deal on the other side of the dam, runs for about 1/2 a mile, they have little signs on the trees identifying them, couple of bridges over the creek, but that's about it.  It is real popular for some reason and it is open to the public.  All kinds of people on it today, lots of kids, and some of the kids were wading out in the dam discharge water, water temp 57.  Social distancing, HA!

Everything is closed, people are going to get out on these nice days.  

How about some good news about this.  My daughter does to Missouri and S and T and the phelps County Hospital need smasks.

So the school staff and students in the engineering design department fired up there 12 3-D printers and had Prototype masks ready for approval in two hours.  Once approved they will go into production at the school.  Ok, that's cool!!!

1 hour ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

How about some good news about this.  My daughter does to Missouri and S and T and the phelps County Hospital need smasks.

So the school staff and students in the engineering design department fired up there 12 3-D printers and had Prototype masks ready for approval in two hours.  Once approved they will go into production at the school.  Ok, that's cool!!!

That's cool, never thought of a 3D printer version. 

2 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Help me understand please — honest question, not skepticism.

So they can ‘print’ a mask that has the fine mesh required to filter stuff out? If so, I’m clearly behind in understanding the technology!! That’s absolutely cool and an impressive bit of technology that gives me some encouragement. 

John

2 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I saw that last night on the late news.  Wishing them the best.

6 minutes ago, ness said:

Help me understand please — honest question, not skepticism.

So they can ‘print’ a mask that has the fine mesh required to filter stuff out? If so, I’m clearly behind in understanding the technology!! That’s absolutely cool and an impressive bit of technology that gives me some encouragement. 

I was telling what I heard but here is the article.  
https://news.mst.edu/2020/03/campus-rallies-to-3-d-print-protective-medical-gear/