COVID-19 - Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

N9BOW

Shopping for weekend groceries yesterday at 5 pm, 10 shoppers in the store, ones I passed dodged me like the plague.  Checkout and Manager friendly as usual, talked with him for a while like normal.  Most stuff in stock again.

Needed a new trolling battery and some things for the boat build.  Drove to Academy and stood in line for about 5 minutes, socially distanced on my x on the side walk. They are only letting 25 customers shop at a time.  Crack lady came to close to me from behind and was coughing and talking on the phone.  Don't have a clue what she was after, and she did not seem to have 5 minutes to spare.  Store was pleasant to shop, did my business and left quick with the battery, some bearing buddies, a motor cover, and a donut for the trailer jack.

Wally World had the lawn and garden door open, jetted in there and bought a throwable cushion.  Business as usual there.

Harbor Freight had built out the front of the checkout counters with cardboard boxes a fender cover, and bungee cords to distance the customer from the checker.  They had bright x's on the floor for distance reference.  I bought some tools for the tool kit in the boat.

I really felt that I needed to be in a body rubber or something while I was shopping.  But more people died locally yesterday by homicide than Corona, 1 in St Francis Cty, 1 in Piedmont near home,  and one kid in Bollinger Cty.  The world is a different place now.  I could drive freely thru town, but it was raining.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

I thought I got an email that harbor freight closed...I know they said they donated all their Ppe gear

i need a good homeowner tool set...got any recommendations?  Always wanted a craftsman but with sears in the tank...not sure what to get???

i went up town today too...Home Depot style...got some peat moss...and 13-13-13

22 minutes ago, wily said:

I thought I got an email that harbor freight closed...I know they said they donated all their Ppe gear

i need a good homeowner tool set...got any recommendations?  Always wanted a craftsman but with sears in the tank...not sure what to get???

i went up town today too...Home Depot style...got some peat moss...and 13-13-13

Some ace hardware stores are sell craftsman tools Kendall. 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

23 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

Some ace hardware stores are sell craftsman tools Kendall. 

Everything Craftsman is great..... except their ratchets.   All these years and they never figured out how to make a decent 1/4, 3/8, or 1/2" ratchet.    🙄

Breaker bars and sockets are fine.  

Craftsman sold the name before Sears tanked.  Ace Hardware and Lowes? carry some of what's left.

Harbor Freight will stay open, vital industry, they sell generators.

They have a cheap tool, which works well in a box in a boat that only gets used a few times.  Better than nothing.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

I want something good to keep around the house...I’ve got a couple socket sets...and some crescent wrenches.

im terrible about putting tools back in the box...but would like to get a decent set of tools....away from the master mechanics 

ive looked at some of those kits at harbor freight but really don’t want all the Allen wrenches...and the screwdriver bits

5 minutes ago, wily said:

I want something good to keep around the house...I’ve got a couple socket sets...and some crescent wrenches.

im terrible about putting tools back in the box...but would like to get a decent set of tools....away from the master mechanics 

ive looked at some of those kits at harbor freight but really don’t want all the Allen wrenches...and the screwdriver bits

For the most part "bargain SETS" are a pile of junk.   Make a list of the tools you need and shop for them separately.  Nothing pisses me off worse than a 2.00 pair of needle nose, or a 3.00 pair of side cutters.   I'd rather just tackle the job with my pocket knife and a set of salad tongs.

6 minutes ago, wily said:

Really all I need is open end wrenches

"Ace Professionals" are Snap-on knockoffs.    Pretty darn good, and priced very reasonably.     

Craftsman's are great too.... depending on what you're working on.  In many cases (in my line of work) they are just too fat/thick, and the angle is off.  A truly good wrench will never leave you in that awkward position where you can't continue the rotation by flipping the wrench over.