Shawnee Bend Ramp

Maverickpro201

2 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Yes, but go very slowly backing in and try another lane if it looks like the wheels are falling off a ledge.

What's the lowest you have seen this lake Wrench? With all the ice melt coming in from the rivers and creeks this is going to come up pretty quick I would guess. 

2 hours ago, willyfish said:

What's the lowest you have seen this lake Wrench? With all the ice melt coming in from the rivers and creeks this is going to come up pretty quick I would guess. 

I thought that 652.3 according to the Bagnell guage was the lowest I've seen.   But they are saying it is 653.10 right now, and there is at least 3 FOW over things (like edges of boat ramps) that I've seen bone dry in the past.....So I don't know what's accurate.     

Let's just say that I've seen it about 3' lower than it is today. 

This is my beloved flat right now, and I've seen it completely dry, short of a trickle running down the middle.IMG_20210224_133710578.jpg

In 77or 78 I forget which I was the Water Patrol Officer out of Climax Springs I had the 58 mile mark to Big Buffalo. Don’t remember the mile marker up there

At the 60 mile mark it was so low out in front of Rainey creek and from there up stream, you had to traverse a city wide channel as that was it

This was in May. Smart weeds grew up all over the flats and looked like a row crop corn maze 3/4 across the lake. We had huge rains and those flats flooded. They simply filled with Bass and it to this day is still the finest fishing for at least 6 weeks I can ever remember. 

You could simply see everything. I remember there was a push to find sewage and pipes flowing directly into the lake. We were directed to hand in a list of any we thought were doing that.  I think my list was at least 200 cabins long, and that was all on the Warsaw, Climax Springs side as I could not even think about getting to the Ivy Bend side from Proctor Creek up

I can also remember in the mid-60’s prior to Truman when it got just about as low.  Every dock in Pine Cove and Golden Goose was on the bank