Tuffy minnows

oghfm

suck.   The crappie think so too, and the livescope confirms it, at least in my limited mind.  I am guessing two out of three times a fish approaches it they look it over and leave,  sometimes in a hurry.  I got tired of that show and slipped on some crappie nibbles and was just about reverse, about 2 out 3 times they took it.  Wish I could get some rosy reds to compare.  Anyhow with tuffys on fri I only caught 4 fish and w/ nibbles on sat at least 15 in an hour less fishing.  It wasn't a totally scientific survey but close enough to convince me there are better choices.  Chime in guys!

41 minutes ago, oghfm said:

suck.   The crappie think so too, and the livescope confirms it, at least in my limited mind.  I am guessing two out of three times a fish approaches it they look it over and leave,  sometimes in a hurry.  I got tired of that show and slipped on some crappie nibbles and was just about reverse, about 2 out 3 times they took it.  Wish I could get some rosy reds to compare.  Anyhow with tuffys on fri I only caught 4 fish and w/ nibbles on sat at least 15 in an hour less fishing.  It wasn't a totally scientific survey but close enough to convince me there are better choices.  Chime in guys!

Do you mean fatheads?

The males must taste bad but caught well on females

8E953638-5390-4321-9289-D5BCFE2CE72F.jpeg

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

I don't fish with minnows very often but when I do,  I prefer shiners. Seems to me that I catch more on shiners than fathead (tuffies). "Tuffies" acquired that name because they are easier to keep alive, NOT because they are tough to beat!

Caught many a walleye through the ice with a tuffy head on a Swedish pimple.

I went ahead and picked up Livescope, figured I might as well with the rebate about to end.

All I have to say is that it is incredible, and intuitive. I've had side imaging for years and am still not that good at interpreting it. I had livescope dialed in and working within an hour. Nothing comes close.

I went over to Pomme since the wind was pretty strong. Water is real high and muddy. I ended up with 3 keeper and 3 short crappie. For every one I caught, there were probably 20 that wouldn't commit. That lake is chock full of crappie.

-Austin

2 hours ago, MrGiggles said:. That lake is chock full of crappie.

You need to learn to read your Livescope better there are no crappie in Pomme.😁

12 hours ago, MrGiggles said:

Caught many a walleye through the ice with a tuffy head on a Swedish pimple.

I went ahead and picked up Livescope, figured I might as well with the rebate about to end.

All I have to say is that it is incredible, and intuitive. I've had side imaging for years and am still not that good at interpreting it. I had livescope dialed in and working within an hour. Nothing comes close.

I went over to Pomme since the wind was pretty strong. Water is real high and muddy. I ended up with 3 keeper and 3 short crappie. For every one I caught, there were probably 20 that wouldn't commit. That lake is chock full of crappie.

The crappie population at PDT certainly did an about face after the increased emphasis on habitat by MDC and COE in the early 2000's. Also the water level management plan, keeping water levels slightly higher and stable during the spawn increased recruitment.  

19 hours ago, olfishead said:

The crappie population at PDT certainly did an about face after the increased emphasis on habitat by MDC and COE in the early 2000's. Also the water level management plan, keeping water levels slightly higher and stable during the spawn increased recruitment.  

That has to be fake news.  I hear all the time that the Muskie have eaten them all.    🤣