Ask Wrench

BilletHead

Has that black tail thing going.  TN causes that.  Probably nuke material leeching out of the watersystem.

Pretty common in TN.  Never see that around here.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

On 4/11/2021 at 8:27 PM, jdmidwest said:

Has that black tail thing going.  TN causes that.  Probably nuke material leeching out of the watersystem.

Pretty common in TN.  Never see that around here.

What to see a nasty Water System go to Louisiana.

They have so many Pulp Mills and Oil Wells. So much of the crap goes in the water.

I use to fish a small lake. Old Lake, had an Orchard at one end with years of spray going into the Lake and Pulp Mill at the other end. Not a good Lake to keep fish out of.

oneshot

8 minutes ago, Lvn2Fish said:

Hey Wrench ,Why does lake of the ozarks have more big bass in it compared to the other major lakes in the state? 

More shady, protected places for them to sit and get fat.

Tons upon tons of forage.

And much of the lake can't be fished effectively from May until November because it's just too rough. 

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

More shady, protected places for them to sit and get fat.

Tons upon tons of forage.

And much of the lake can't be fished effectively from May until November because it's just too rough. 

I thought the same about the boats and not being able to fish the main lake for 6 months 

Those flatland lakes in Kansas produce more 8#+ fish than Lake O does, for some reason.   We pretty much top out at 7.5# here.   Very rarely does anyone see a 8-10 from LO.   Biggest I've ever heard of here was 13# (weighed on sketchy scales) and that one allegedly came from BELOW the dam.  

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

Hey Wrench:  I've got a Craftsman push mower with a Honda engine.  Should I use Craftsman oil or Honda oil?

Also should I mow in ever shrinking squares or mow back and forth in straight lines?

You don't need to buy oil.  This is 2021 dude.  If it is leaking or burning oil then it is not environmentally safe, you should go buy a new mower with fresh oil in it, and throw that old POS away.  

Always mow in shrinking squares until you have enough room on all sides to turn around....then finish off by going back & forth in straight lines.   Just like your Dad taught ya.     

Or you can do it LGBT style.... By rounding off the corners and then go roundy-roundy-round.....leaving a single dandelion in the center unmowed, as a visual guage for when to mow again.  

If you really want to be cool, mow diagonally. Shrinking squares are for old guys

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor