Jump to content

Fall 2021 Brown Run


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Brian Shaffer said:

Not seeing the numbers of browns up there as usual.... low oxygen ? lack of running water ?

Brian

maybe both, might be a bunch in Bull Shoals now to?......it's been a warmer start to fall than usual to so perhaps that has something to do with it maybe?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

Definitely less browns.  We keep losing them to BS.  But hopefully with the new strain of browns, that will change.  That's going to be a while though.

Water temp isn't bad.  Last fall I believe the water temps were warmer.  DO has been good below Lookout -- I don't know about below the dam.  I need to get up there and gage it.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Phil Lilley said:

Definitely less browns.  We keep losing them to BS.  But hopefully with the new strain of browns, that will change.  That's going to be a while though.

Water temp isn't bad.  Last fall I believe the water temps were warmer.  DO has been good below Lookout -- I don't know about below the dam.  I need to get up there and gage it.

Please explain the new strain of browns. I assume you are talking something different from trips.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

MDC is now housing a new brown strain.  I believe they got the eggs early this year so we're looking at next fall for stocking.  It's the same strain that are in the White River.  They aren't as migratory as the strain we have here now.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Phil Lilley said:

MDC is now housing a new brown strain.  I believe they got the eggs early this year so we're looking at next fall for stocking.  It's the same strain that are in the White River.  They aren't as migratory as the strain we have here now.

Did they ever run water down outlet 3?   I haven’t seen it running in a few years.   Why don’t they run it anymore?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Did they ever run water down outlet 3?   I haven’t seen it running in a few years.   Why don’t they run it anymore?

I was told that the ladder didn't work like they thought it would, so it was a bit of an embarrassment for them.     

No need to feel embarrassed, it was worth a try, and a cool project.  🤷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

I was told that the ladder didn't work like they thought it would, so it was a bit of an embarrassment for them.     

No need to feel embarrassed, it was worth a try, and a cool project.  🤷

When it did run I never saw fish in it past the first pool.   Ladder steps seemed to tall.  But hey I’m not even an armchair biologist 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

 But hey I’m not even an armchair biologist 😂

It wouldn't have taken a biologist to know it was going to be a waste of time/energy.   Any halfway decent skeptic could have pointed it out before the second step was placed.  😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.