Damage control 2022

BilletHead

Make a mixture of 1 quart 3% hydrogen peroxide (fresher is better), 1/4 cup of baking soda, and 1 to 2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap . wash the skunk smell off. A chemist is said to have come up with this mix.

I used acetone to wash one years ago and that took the smell away too. Skunk tail was suggested as a polar bear substitute back when I took all those fly tying magazines.

3 hours ago, tjm said:

Make a mixture of 1 quart 3% hydrogen peroxide (fresher is better), 1/4 cup of baking soda, and 1 to 2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap . wash the skunk smell off. A chemist is said to have come up with this mix.

I used acetone to wash one years ago and that took the smell away too. Skunk tail was suggested as a polar bear substitute back when I took all those fly tying magazines.

I had to laugh one time it the store where they had whole Carp in the meat section.

A woman at check out said I smell a Skunk. Other woman I do to. I’m standing there I smell it to. LOL 

oneshot

3 hours ago, tjm said:

That recipe never worked for me to clean up a skunked terrier. Neither does this stuff.

THORNELL Skunk-Off Shampoo, 8-oz bottle - Chewy.com

The only thing I found that did work was six weeks.

23 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

That recipe never worked for me to clean up a skunked terrier. Neither does this stuff.

THORNELL Skunk-Off Shampoo, 8-oz bottle - Chewy.com

The only thing I found that did work was six weeks.

One of my Weims got blasted in the face from short range and she had that skunky smell oozing from her pores for at least 6 months.  She never went near another one.

Mike

Bad thing is even now I don’t consider Skunk smell that bad.

Even Stink Bait isn’t that bad. Now taste is a different matter.

Skinning Fox always got me everything I ate for awhile tasted like Fox.

oneshot

• 1 month later...
  • Members

In 1974 I was a senior in high school. During Christmas break I would usually find some kind of job. Pay was about $2/hr. I usually worked about 160 hrs. for $320. Coons were $30-50 each. Muskrats were $7 each. told my mother I was trapping she told me I was crazy. We lived in a suburb of St. Louis. I managed to catch 100 muskrats and 40 coons. Drove to a fur buyer in Illinois. Came home with a check for $1900. My mom and dad were blown away.  

Fur was good, then it sank.  It picked up when otters became fair game and coyotes were being used about 10 years ago.  Then, it fell into nothing.  Now, you do it for control.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson