March 1

Ketchup

Guys, I seriously doubt you will find a worse crappie catcher than myself. I met up with Targa this morning after i did a little bass fishing. 

He called and said he was on em’, so being just down the cove from him i ran over there. Within literally 30 minutes he had his limit. With our boats side by side, I couldn’t buy a bite. He even gave me the same baits he was using. After he left i stayed on those fish for 30 more minutes and not a nibble. I’m telling ya there is no one that stinks more thsn myself. 

I did catch 7 bass. Only 2 keepers with one going almost 3 on a Ned. Wind was more than i thought it was supposed to be.  Good 3 hours out. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

Guys, I seriously doubt you will find a worse crappie catcher than myself. I met up with Targa this morning after i did a little bass fishing. 

He called and said he was on em’, so being just down the cove from him i ran over there. Within literally 30 minutes he had his limit. With our boats side by side, I couldn’t buy a bite. He even gave me the same baits he was using. After he left i stayed on those fish for 30 more minutes and not a nibble. I’m telling ya there is no one that stinks more thsn myself. 

I did catch 7 bass. Only 2 keepers with one going almost 3 on a Ned. Wind was more than i thought it was supposed to be.  Good 3 hours out. 

Oh I know the stink factor deal. Went with @curtisce on a trip below Truman dam three weeks ago. That guy landed 8 walleye and I never stuck one. In the same boat and using the same thing. He shared a couple, so it was a fun trip, but I was humiliated. We generally do about the same together. UGH not sure what it was. Went back a week later and got into hybrids. We did good and He let me catch a few. 🤣

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

6 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Have you had neck surgery?

6 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Guys, I seriously doubt you will find a worse crappie catcher than myself

Found one!    Me!  👍 

I had kinda planned to go catch a mess of crappie today on the flyrod.   But it was such a nice day that I talked myself out of it, and chose to just hang around the house & shop and be lazy.   

No boat needed launching, no fish needed to be cleaned.   It was a perfectly chill day for me.   

Does it bother me that I pussed out and didn't even bother to try ?     Nope 😉 

So, see?  Being an even WORSE crappie fisherman, like me.... would have served you better today.     😁👍

13 hours ago, 1farmer said:

Have you had neck surgery?

No, but after yesterday i need heart surgery. Mine stopped working for a bit. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

13 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Found one!    Me!  👍 

I had kinda planned to go catch a mess of crappie today on the flyrod.   But it was such a nice day that I talked myself out of it, and chose to just hang around the house & shop and be lazy.   

No boat needed launching, no fish needed to be cleaned.   It was a perfectly chill day for me.   

Does it bother me that I pussed out and didn't even bother to try ?     Nope 😉 

So, see?  Being an even WORSE crappie fisherman, like me.... would have served you better today.     😁👍

Ok, now i KNOW it can’t get worse. A guy that doesn’t even have to get off his swivel chair is as good as i am. Thanks buddy. 😉

• Members
On 3/1/2023 at 4:49 PM, BilletHead said:

Oh I know the stink factor deal. Went with @curtisce on a trip below Truman dam three weeks ago. That guy landed 8 walleye and I never stuck one. In the same boat and using the same thing. He shared a couple, so it was a fun trip, but I was humiliated. We generally do about the same together. UGH not sure what it was. Went back a week later and got into hybrids. We did good and He let me catch a few. 🤣

Good to meet you down there the other day.  Have been catching a few walleye but got skunked Wednesday. 

7 minutes ago, lmtout-fitters said:

Good to meet you down there the other day.  Have been catching a few walleye but got skunked Wednesday. 

It was good to meet you too man. Another OAF member marked off the list. You never know when you will run in to someone!

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

On 3/1/2023 at 4:49 PM, BilletHead said:

Roles will be reversed when we take on whites with the long poles. Good thing is I get a chance too throw those gorgeous clousers that @BilletHead ties

The answer may not lie at the bottom of a glass, but you should always check