What's your favorite fish?

Ryan Miloshewski

I am sitting here wondering what everyone thinks about this. What is the single fish you could catch for the rest of your life..and why? Might turn it into an article based on the Merry Band of Misfits (my name for us all).

I'll start with the easiest choice--brown trout. The battle, struggle and gall needed to catch a 20" brown is something I never thought existed. 

Go!

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

1 hour ago, MoCarp said:

Common carp big strong and hard to fool exp when they get big

Do you fly fish for them?

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

6 minutes ago, JestersHK said:

Might I suggest categories?  At the least salt versus fresh?

For me a big tarpon or blue fin for salt, and for fresh it would be brownies for sure.

Hmm good point. So, salt and fresh. Give me both.

Salt would be a bluefin tuna. Those guys fight like they don't have anything left to give!

18 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

Easy. Smallmouth. 

Ok @Flysmallie that;s too easy for you lol