We’re baaaaaaack!

vernon

Be a little careful with those TH handles too. I had the little handle stop thing come off of one of them. Those little allen head screws are just awful small to have any real holding power. I like the product overall, but I'm a bit gunshy given that I've installed two and had one fail. Ended up going to the hardware store and buying a cable stop made for dog tie ups. It doesn't fit in the molded plastic handle, but it has two larger screws and more surface area to hold onto the wire. It's not coming off with any load I can put on it. 

On 5/8/2020 at 2:04 PM, Quillback said:

Something else that happened to me yesterday on Beaver.  My STEEL trolling motor lift cable snapped, this isn't the lousy nylon one that comes with a Fortrex, but the lousy STEEL Minnkota replacement cable that I put in after the lousy nylon one snapped.  Just finished installing a TH Marine steel replacement cable.  I think I am going to start replacing them every 2 years as a PM procedure, falling backwards into the cockpit is not good.

Again, I have to wonder, coincidence, or is it the 'Vernon Effect'?

At least you didn't end up needing stitches in your lip. LOL 

On 5/8/2020 at 8:51 AM, vernon said:

Happy to report that we arrived yesterday afternoon and the rain and the  thunder and  the lightning and the falling temperatures all appeared as if by magic 🧟‍♂️ and  right on cue!

Now I see that Weather Underground is forecasting 47 degrees at 1:00 PM on both Monday and Tuesday.
It’s supposed to be raining too so at least there’s that!

Good to know that a guy still has his fastball....🤦‍♂️

In better news, we stopped at Harter House in Springfield on the way down and was able to secure an ample supply of Boston burger, chicken  wings and jumbo shrimp 🍤 so we’re all set in that department.

So grab your mittens, throw another log on the fire and enjoy! 

Your welcome!

Dude...we need to revoke your TR privileges. It's getting our of hand.

1 hour ago, dtrs5kprs said:

Dude...we need to revoke your TR privileges. It's getting our of hand.

I’ve been holding out for a big payoff from the local Chamber’s and Department of Tourism but it’s getting to the point that even I am getting sick of me.

Might have to relook this whole deal........🤫

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."  George Carlin

"The only money ever wasted is money never spent."  Me.

26 minutes ago, vernon said:

I’ve been holding out for a big payoff from the local Chamber’s and Department of Tourism but it’s getting to the point that even I am getting sick of me.

You'd love LOZ. We'll chip in for the room.

2 hours ago, vernon said:

I have a GREAT plan for next year! Just stay home and send down a check made out to this forum in the amount that you normally spend to help our local economy. In return we will send lots of pictures of all of us catching fish and having a awesome time on your dime. You will go down in history as being the best Jay-hawker EVER! Plus I think we can take up a collection for a all inclusive trip to the Rock in mid August!