An impossible cast

Bigmo

After reading about this book on a post here a couple of weeks ago, I ordered a used copy from Amazon. ($9.89). When I received it, I opened it up, and on the inside front cover, it was signed by Glen Andrews and Shane Andrews. Quite surprised. It was a good read. Lots of history. I was, however, disappointed to see all stringers of fish in the old photographs. But, I guess that's the way it was back then. Does any one know if Glen is still with us, or has he passed away? 

Back in those days of canvas covered boats the linit was 15 bass in Mo. you could go out andv fish a day and not see but a few other fishernen. Today I can set here on my deck and drink a cup of coffee and by the time I am done there has been three or 4 bass boats come by. on the weekends.

the feller in the pic is glen andrews that i have spoken of many times.  he is the best and most knowledgeable basser i was ever around.  there is great info in that book about fishing lakes in or region, if it is the same one that i had.

i had the fortune of fishing with glen a few times.  glen was so far ahead of his time in finding and catching bass no one could even imagine.  between buck perry's spoonplugging book and what i learned from glen andrews, it really jump started my ability to find deep water bass during the calendar year.  there are times when the bass do get shallow in mass, and can be shallow for brief periods of time during the day.  figuring out where they live and where they are migrating to when moving shallower is a big plus in keeping up with the pea size brained critters that many of us love to catch.

bo

22 hours ago, Bigmo said:

20171117_141250.jpgIf anyone's interested in this paperback for sale. I'll charge you what i have in it. Great reading. Glad to pass it along.  pm me. 

20171117_141250.jpg

thanks for posting this.  i had one of glen's original books, which most likely is what this book contains.  in my opinion, glen was the best basser ever to wet a line.

bo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Great book on the history of professional bass fishing and the Table Rock/Bull Shoals region.  In the book it mentioned Glen wrote a book called "Techniques of Bass Fishing" and later revised it to "Simplicity of Bass Fishing" but I can't find any mention of them online.  Anyone know where to find one of these books?