COVID-19 - Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

N9BOW

11 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

The story could have ended right there. 🙄 

Here's an interesting factoid for ya....The Amish community in Morgan and Monitau county knows nothing about any of this.  A customer that works with a bunch of them says they are all asking why certain places are closed and others are doing "odd business".    They actually have no idea.   

Had to laugh one time me and this other guy was selling Logs to the Amish up there. We came in with a load. One of the Guys asked who we talked to? The guy with me said it was a guy with a Beard.

Amish POed my Brother in Law up there.Took over his 40 acres to where it isn't safe to hunt his own place. I told my Sister if I was him I would Post the place and run them off.

They think our Old Order Mennonites are Amish because they get around with Horse and Buggy.

oneshot 

7 hours ago, Deadstream said:

WITHOUT!  I live 7+ -months a year at my cabin in Michigan and I rarely miss the Media. I do have wi-fi,etc , so I am not out of touch. I find it troublesome that I check it first thing in the morning when I'm down here. Worry some might be a better word.  

I was staying at our Cabin by Truman Lake hunting. I was there for weeks with no Internet. Had a woman in Minnesota call the Missouri Highway Patrol to find me making sure I was alright because I hadn't been on the Internet.

oneshot

49 minutes ago, tjm said:

Amish attend public schools? All that I have ever seen or heard of them they had their own schools and only to eighth grade. Walk to school in a one room. Some Mennonite kids go to public schools, a couple were in high school with me in the '60s.

Our Mennonites have two Schools and go to the 8th Grade. The one Teacher I knew was 14.

I was surprised one time knew this Guy heavy into Drugs. My Son was running with him. One time I was looking for my Son. Found out where this other Guys Parents lived. Went over there was surprised they were Amish.

oneshot

1 hour ago, tjm said:

Amish attend public schools? All that I have ever seen or heard of them they had their own schools and only to eighth grade. Walk to school in a one room. Some Mennonite kids go to public schools, a couple were in high school with me in the '60s.

In indiana they go to school until 8th grade at public school. 

everything in this post is purely opinion and is said to annoy you.

So I head to an Amish store in the boonies looking for yeast. Get there and asked the young lady if they had any. Yes and she pointed me in the direction saying one package pre person. I thanked her and went to the shelf thinking just how far one little package is going to do much goid. As I found it I thought Holy crap! Score! 😂 A pound. 

0327201112_HDR.jpg

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

2 hours ago, oneshot 1 said:

They think our Old Order Mennonites are Amish because they get around with Horse and Buggy.

Pretty common for "the English"  to classify all bearded buggy users as "Amish" without knowing.

1 hour ago, gotmuddy said:

In indiana they go to school until 8th grade at public school. 

That surprises me because of the conflicts it would have with their sense of close community.  Well they won't be traditional Amish long, the kids will be absorbed into modern society and pick up modern mores.

4 minutes ago, tjm said:

Pretty common for "the English"  to classify all bearded buggy users as "Amish" without knowing.

That surprises me because of the conflicts it would have with their sense of close community.  Well they won't be traditional Amish long, the kids will be absorbed into modern society and pick up modern mores.

This was in the mid 90s, so it may be different now.

everything in this post is purely opinion and is said to annoy you.

Times changed the Mennonites here. It became all about money. They became modernist and bunch left the area. Not the same people.

oneshot