Turkey hunter shoots hiker

Quillback

Did anyone bring up the hunter harassment law yet?  If trails were clearly posted that a hunt was going on and the hiker interfered with the hunt, the hiker could be charged.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Only about messed up once it was on Lamine CA. Was Fall Turkey Hunting. Had a bird in front of me, seen movement past it. It was couple guys carrying out birds.

One time I was Deer Hunting on private property. Caught movement on up in some brush. Watched it but never raised my rifle. Seen Brown and White. It was a kid with a Milk Jug going to the spring for water.

I told him he needed Hunters Orange. His Dad come down cussing me and said they shouldn’t have Deer Season.

People are fast to shoot dogs during Deer Season failing to realize there is other seasons open.

What gets me a bunch of these areas have Horseback riding . Most the horses go crazy over so much. Had a Deer hanging. Horses went nuts. I was in Camo , horse spotted me went nuts. One time I was driving out. Had to stand shut my Pickup off while a horse went by.

This guy was wrong by not seeing first if this was a Legal Bird.

oneshot

1 minute ago, oneshot said:

Only about messed up once it was on Lamine CA. Was Fall Turkey Hunting. Had a bird in front of me, seen movement past it. It was couple guys carrying out birds.

One time I was Deer Hunting on private property. Caught movement on up in some brush. Watched it but never raised my rifle. Seen Brown and White. It was a kid with a Milk Jug going to the spring for water.

I told him he needed Hunters Orange. His Dad come down cussing me and said they shouldn’t have Deer Season.

People are fast to shoot dogs during Deer Season failing to realize there is other seasons open.

What gets me a bunch of these areas have Horseback riding . Most the horses go crazy over so much. Had a Deer hanging. Horses went nuts. I was in Camo , horse spotted me went nuts. One time I was driving out. Had to stand shut my Pickup off while a horse went by.

This guy was wrong by not seeing first if this was a Legal Bird.

oneshot

And here I read this whole post figuring you were going to tell us how you got shot once.  ☹️

3 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

And here I read this whole post figuring you were going to tell us how you got shot once.  ☹️

Only came close couple times by Poachers not hunting during season.

Know a guy that got shot in the Leg while Road Hunting. Got a Thermos the last owner killed him self Rabbit Hunting.

Been close couple times.

oneshot

On 5/10/2021 at 9:14 PM, snagged in outlet 3 said:

It’s been a wildlife area forever.  Hiking trails are the new deal.  Me and a buddy were squirrel hunting there years ago when someone fired some shots that hit trees near us.  We yelled up the draw that we were down there so they would quit shooting our way.  The firing intensified and they had us pinned down for about a half hour.  We could hear them talking and laughing.  They finally left and we bugged out.  

I was hunting Reform in Callaway County with my cousin. Start hearing .22 shots and then the ricochets. Hitting the ground and trees next to me. Talk about fear and anger. Luckily we were in climbers so we shifted around the tree and started screaming. 

Got down and found the guy. Some dude from Minnesota who didn't speak much English. I think he got our message, though. 

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

3 hours ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

I was hunting Reform in Callaway County with my cousin. Start hearing .22 shots and then the ricochets. Hitting the ground and trees next to me. Talk about fear and anger. Luckily we were in climbers so we shifted around the tree and started screaming. 

Got down and found the guy. Some dude from Minnesota who didn't speak much English. I think he got our message, though. 

It used to be SHOTGUN ONLY at Reform.   

19 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

It used to be SHOTGUN ONLY at Reform.   

Oh it still is..and it was then. This dumba** didn't give a darn. Cousin about knocked him out.

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

On 5/11/2021 at 10:03 AM, tjm said:

Hikers and horsebackers never stay on the trail. When you open the area to them you have closed it for hunting. State parks are for hiking and riding and they don't allow any hunting or trapping on parks land.  Keep the hikers there.

What if I hike into a conservation area to fish. Are hunters allowed to shoot me?